What do you think about subforums in the Other LP Forum ?

Which format would you prefer in Other Les Paul forum ?

• 1- Leave Other Les Pauls forum as it is, no sub forums

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • 2- 3 sub forums: (a)Luthier + kits, (b)MIJ , (c) Non MIJ

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • 3- Sub-forums for popular brands of non-Gibson LP's + kits

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • 4-Other sub forum suggestions posted below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doublecut

Reaction score
I think the merging of Slash and the Max's and Derrig's with Tokais, Orvilles and Burnys into the same forum was a touch of genius never again to be repeated.

b3john

Reaction score
I'd like the ability to limit the "New Posts" to a specific set of forums, which IIRC other vBulletin boards implement. Usually as an opt-in configuration list of forums per user.

UITA

Reaction score
subforums won't stop the monkeys,organ grinders & superzeros

I vote for this to be a sub forum. The pair of them can just go in and talk wood and numbers. I see it going like this.

number one: I've just bought a one of a kind guitar that no one in the world will probably ever, ever buy and it's made of real wood not bit's of wood stuck together, OK there's a couple of bits of wood but they were hand picked by virgins and stuck together with their tears.

number two: Pot codes NOW!!!!!

number one: OK will do but I have to get out my electron microscope to find out if the contours of the grain on the fingerboard resemble the landscape of Brazil, it's very likely they will.

number two: Pot Codes? Love you.

etc, etc.

reborn old

Reaction score
subforums won't stop the monkeys,organ grinders & superzeros

I vote for this to be a sub forum. The pair of them can just go in and talk wood and numbers...etc etc

I could comment on hatred and intolerance of other members, but the following quote in UITA's signature suggests I shouldn't,
(if I'm not taking the quote out of context)

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

So instead, I'll just move on to other posts when irritated or annoyed by certain personalities,
and/or put them on "ignore".

HOT-BRIT

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
what about the Gibson haters sub-forum?
we have a lot of threads and posts now bashing the Gibson products and company

reborn old

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the administrators would not be interested in any kind of hate sub forum.
Especially adjacent to a Gibson forum with Gibson sponsorship.

BrazenPicker

Reaction score
we have a lot of threads and posts now bashing the Gibson products and company

I'm mostly limited to the MIJ and tonefreaks subforums, but to be honest, in this forum I don't see a lot of that. Seems to me that most people here are pretty balanced, and stay away from categorical statements that if it's MIJ it must be better than Gibson. I see a lot more Gibson bashing on TGP. Of course we have our preferences (that's why we're on this forum), but it's different from knee-jerk bashing everything Gibson does. I own 2 Gibsons myself.

reborn old

Reaction score
Sorry , I now see your suggestion could be anything but serious. :)
This => :naughty: or this => :sarcasm: sometimes helps, with thick people like me.

Cheers.

slapshot

Reaction score
if anything you could split it into a "vintage/old/used" forum and then have one for the new stuff

or just make one for BFP & BFC then one for the rest of us

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
But then who would that have to proclaim the "truth" to?

vintageJIM

Banned
Reaction score
an internet forum, any internet forum, and this one included, is meant to be enjoyed by the members; inclusive of all members.

It would be great if folks didn't have to always be right, have the last word, start agruments, bait others, and follow others around creating chaos in threads.

since we didn't have that option, I didn't vote ................

other than those (potential) improvements, I see no reason to change a thing.

slapshot

Reaction score
hypocrite.jpg

6a00e5505fc4968834010536e09336970b-800wi

mfln130l.jpeg

MrT_Shut+Up+Fool+large.jpg

J-Dizzle

Reaction score
Strongly disagree with having subforums here.

I like that all the info is together. I came here looking for MIJ info and ended up learning lots of cool stuff about replica makers like Max etc.

We dont need a subforum for luthiers and kit builds. Those threads already have a forum and they are supposed to go in the Custom Shop & Luthiers Corner sections, not here.

I think a few sticky threads can solve some of the problems. I think we need a sticky for newbies who ask the same Qs over & over about "which ones are better" etc.

Also I think we need a sticky about Chinese counterfeit les pauls & why they are a piece of shit, including those photos of the dissected Chinese les paul showing how badly it was built.

Matty

Reaction score
Strongly disagree with having subforums here.

I like that all the info is together. I came here looking for MIJ info and ended up learning lots of cool stuff about replica makers like Max etc.

We dont need a subforum for luthiers and kit builds. Those threads already have a forum and they are supposed to go in the Custom Shop & Luthiers Corner sections, not here.

I think a few sticky threads can solve some of the problems. I think we need a sticky for newbies who ask the same Qs over & over about "which ones are better" etc.

Also I think we need a sticky about Chinese counterfeit les pauls & why they are a piece of shit, including those photos of the dissected Chinese les paul showing how badly it was built.

I think you hit the nail on the head:thumb:

HOT-BRIT

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry , I now see your suggestion could be anything but serious. :)
This => :naughty: or this => :sarcasm: sometimes helps, with thick people like me.

Cheers.

it is the British sense of humor

Latest Threads