What do you guys find appealing about bugera amps?

Shawn Fate

Reaction score
Everyone with a $3000 Gibson should use a $500 amp to get the most out of it .

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
if you love the amps so much, why bother posting a thread asking others opinions of them. i they speak to you, ten rock on with them, but donaask what people think of something if you dont like what they have to say.

notoperational

Reaction score
I've had more issues with my Orange amp so far than my Bugera :p

That's a joke ha.

(This isn't meant to be directed towards you personally). But, BCRGreg is right. That stuff is low-quality, Chinese dog shit. It doesn't sound good. It isn't made well... It is essentially Behringer tube amps. We all know how awesome Behringer is! :hmm:

eaglewolf

Reaction score
if you love the amps so much, why bother posting a thread asking others opinions of them. i they speak to you, ten rock on with them, but donaask what people think of something if you dont like what they have to say.

Actually the OP didn't say he loved them, and hasn't responded to the replies yet.

I've yet to listen to one, and frankly a lot of the talk on here makes me somewhat hesitant to consider one. Generally I look at the more mainstream high end amps - which might be why I don't have one now! (Excluding lower power amps, of course.)

If I hadn't gotten myself so enamored with the sound of Marshall, Mesa, Orange and Vox I'd probably spend more time looking at Bugera and Peavey, among others. There is something to be said for a cheaper amp when you are on a tighter budget. While I acknowledge that there will be short cuts taken when the price comes down (the Marshall MG comes to mind) there still is a place for a cheaper amp. Of course, for many of us some of the lower wattage amps will do just fine since we don't need the volume of a 50 or 100W head. It works for me, anyways.

David

The_Sentry

Reaction score
The ad is enough to keep me away...

Bugera%20Poster.jpg

Caption:

"Curse ye, Bugera!!! My amp is NOT working!!!"

:laugh2:

(See? If his amp WAS working he'd be playing that stupid gutiar vs. doing a Tim Robbins pose...)

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No, this isn't a bugera love thread by any means, because, personally, i think that in a slightly higher price range, you get better, more reliable products from Vox, Jet City, Orange, and lots of others. And, for the same amount of money you can score some fairly nice used amps.
I think that Bugera has a very bad promotion, and their main selling point is price. low quality components like to fail.

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My opinion is my opinion, and you are all entitled to yours.
I'm going to let this thread die.

Reaperc89

Reaction score
I still don't understand all the hate from folks that don't have any experience with them, and don't provide any real reason. Lots of cork sniffing going on, and lots of brand loyalty :p.

danzego

Reaction score
I still don't understand all the hate from folks that don't have any experience with them, and don't provide any real reason. Lots of cork sniffing going on, and lots of brand loyalty :p.

Some people are just insecure and when they see others liking something that they've been told not to like or convinced themselves they don't like it, they feel the need to say bad things about it to build themselves up and reassure themselves that they're "right". At that point, silly little "I hate XXXXX" topics like this one tend to appear. *shrugs shoulders*

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Although it doesn't quite do justice to amps in person, i don't like what i've heard in youtube demos, whereas i DO like what i've heard from demos of other amps in a similar price range.

Deguello

Reaction score
I am neutral because I have no experience with them but cost does not always reflect the quality. My guitar is MIJ and is a very high quality instrument at 1/3 of what some spend on there production line US models...

Personally my experience with Behringer is hit or miss..I hated their Wah pedal but liked some of their overdrive pedals...

danzego

Reaction score
Although it doesn't quite do justice to amps in person, i don't like what i've heard in youtube demos, whereas i DO like what i've heard from demos of other amps in a similar price range.

Ah, ok...so you've never played one or even heard one in person. Not that it's a big surprise or anything. Like I said wayyy back in my first reply to this thread:
"What I love about the Bugera hate threads is that most of the people who come in and talk smack about them rarely actually qualify their comments and even less actually have experience with the amps."

Gee, I wonder how I knew that? I must be PSYCHIC, huh? :rolleyes:

Yeah, you would do well to leave the thread and try and let it die. You're not doing yourself any favors here. :lol:

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
Ah, ok...so you've never played one or even heard one in person. Not that it's a big surprise or anything. Like I said wayyy back in my first reply to this thread:
"What I love about the Bugera hate threads is that most of the people who come in and talk smack about them rarely actually qualify their comments and even less actually have experience with the amps."

Gee, I wonder how I knew that? I must be PSYCHIC, huh? :rolleyes:

Yeah, you would do well to leave the thread and try and let it die. You're not doing yourself any favors here. :lol:

lol gotta love it, right?

i have had several people tell me these amps aren't very reliable, but since i have zero first hand experience with them, i kept my mouth shut.:thumb:

based on my 2nd and 3rd hand experience, these amps seem to be a lower priced option for those on a smaller budget. they remind me of the b-52 series of amps. anyone have any comparisons with those?

danzego

Reaction score
lol gotta love it, right?

i have had several people tell me these amps aren't very reliable, but since i have zero first hand experience with them, i kept my mouth shut.:thumb:

based on my 2nd and 3rd hand experience, these amps seem to be a lower priced option for those on a smaller budget. they remind me of the b-52 series of amps. anyone have any comparisons with those?

B-52's? Those suck!!!

Mind you, I've never actually played or heard B-52's. ;)

Latest Threads