What current models have 57 paf? Pics

JMP

Reaction score
I have the 57 Classic set in my 2001 R7 Goldtop and my 2016 Traditional. I like them well enough. Definitely not “bad” pickups.

Musha Ring

Reaction score
I have the 57 Classic set in my 2001 R7 Goldtop and my 2016 Traditional. I like them well enough. Definitely not “bad” pickups.
Do you know if your 2001 has the regular classic, or the plus in the bridge? Your 2016, if stock, would definitely have the plus.

JMP

Reaction score
Do you know if your 2001 has the regular classic, or the plus in the bridge? Your 2016, if stock, would definitely have the plus.
Both are pickup sets are stock and I’ve never removed them. I can’t confirm what they actually are.

Axis39

Reaction score
I had an '08 Traditional that came with a 57/57+ set. I loved them from the very first note!

I had been chasing a tone.... A tone I had experienced a number of years before. It was while buying a 1968 ES-340, and I got the chance to try out a real 1957 (refin'd, but all original parts). That real '57 stuck with me, the way it felt, the way it played and most of all how it sounded. Those 57's in that Traditional nailed that sound!

Warm, flutey tones on the neck pickup, and a nice cut on the bridge. Lots fo overtones, but nice note to note clarity.

I did let that Les Paul go.... Other than weight, it was an excellent guitar and I probably should have held onto it.

I missed those 57's so much, I bought another set for my vintage SG (that didn't even have original pickups when I bought it back in '87). Best that SG ever sounded! When I sold the SG, I kept the 57's. They're in my shop, awaiting the next guitar.

I love '57 Classics!

GermHerm

Reaction score
I have a set of 57/57+ in my '81 Gibson LP Custom and my '76 Ibanez Artist. If you tweek them correctly (height an pole pieces) they sound very good. However, like all PUs, they must fit to the guitar. It is always an experiment. I use in other guitars Barenuckle 'The Mule', Monty's of London PAFs, BB #1, 2, 3, CBs.

zdoggie

Reaction score
A few years back I bought a set of 57's ,they got old quick at that point I began to question gibson validity on their pickups every one was swaping out gibsons for dimarizo or bill lawrence or emg , which over the years gibsons pickups don't do their guitars justice I like thro-bak 's .

zdog

EspyHop

Reaction score
Sweetwater has a special run with 57 Classics. I bought one specifically for those pickups. I’m mainly a Tele player and wanted a really nice Les Paul with THAT sound as a nice contrast. They’re not the most versatile pickups, but I don’t want them to be!

Musha Ring

Reaction score
I had an '08 Traditional that came with a 57/57+ set. I loved them from the very first note!

I had been chasing a tone.... A tone I had experienced a number of years before. It was while buying a 1968 ES-340, and I got the chance to try out a real 1957 (refin'd, but all original parts). That real '57 stuck with me, the way it felt, the way it played and most of all how it sounded. Those 57's in that Traditional nailed that sound!

Warm, flutey tones on the neck pickup, and a nice cut on the bridge. Lots fo overtones, but nice note to note clarity.

I did let that Les Paul go.... Other than weight, it was an excellent guitar and I probably should have held onto it.

I missed those 57's so much, I bought another set for my vintage SG (that didn't even have original pickups when I bought it back in '87). Best that SG ever sounded! When I sold the SG, I kept the 57's. They're in my shop, awaiting the next guitar.

I love '57 Classics!
How much did your Trad weigh?

AlbinB

Reaction score
Signature T (2013). 57 classics with coil split. I have a set of 57 classics in a Korean Epiphone Les Paul Standard, it was a decent upgrade compared the Epiphone version of the 57 classic (not a bad set of pickups by any means) that were in the guitar at first. I have found 57's to be well balanced and to my ears a decent PAF style pickup. I believe that some Les Paul Customs have come with 57 classics in recent years, There are a wide variety of choices from Gibson or other companies, for me I prefer lower to medium output, 57 classic, burstbucker achieve the desired result. In some cases there is nothing wrong with the pickup itself, perhaps the height (distance from the strings) and in some cases how it has been wired.

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Excuse my asking...pickups or guitar discontinued? (Kinda new on guitar/parts timeframes.)
Gibson Les Paul Traditionals were discontinued after the 2019 model year.

The 57 Classic and 57 Classic Plus are still being manufactured by Gibson.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
My 2021 50s Standard LP came with them because it’s a Sweetwater Exclusive model.. they typically come with BB 1 & 2. I’ve taken the 57/57+ out in favor of some Duncan Saturday Night Specials.

Latest Threads