What Clues and Cues Do You Use for a More Complete Picture of a Forum Contributor?

Reaction score
If they post cat pictures, I picture a giant, sloppy, obese 40 year old, living in his mom's basement. No real basis for that opinion. I mostly just don't like cats so I find people guilty of douchery by association. :laugh2:

Also internet tough guys. I picture them as a giant, sloppy, obese 40 year old, living in his mom's basement.

You know, come to think of it, I pretty much think everyone on the internet is a giant fat dude. :laugh2:
Perhaps we should have a come clean day here on the mile? Everyone post a recent pic of themselves. Only one person here in the MLP forum has met me in person. :D

parts

Reaction score
When you click on a post..smell the bottom of your mouse..

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
there's like 60+ videos of me online. :laugh2:

click my sig, there you go.

..I do like cats though. Little Killers. :dude:

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
On this forum, I have higher esteem for people who have posted sound or video of them playing.

Even if the playing is poor. The fact that they put it out garners my respect.
It is a guitar forum. I think that's a very valid point and I wouldn't argue it.
I've got a ton of respect for playing I've heard here.

I do have to claim to be the exception though.
My only chance at any cred is to hopefully be seen as a reasonably smart, decent guy who cares about people, doesn't BS except for fun, a pretty good businessman and the world's best grandfather. If that can't garner me a ticket to get a seat at the table and I have to rely on a soundclip, then I need to accept that reality, log off and just read as a learner quietly in the background. The day may come, but not until I'm ready.

Benjammin

Reaction score
It is a guitar forum. I think that's a very valid point and I wouldn't argue it.
I've got a ton of respect for playing I've heard here.

I do have to claim to be the exception though.
My only chance at any cred is to hopefully be seen as a reasonably smart, decent guy who cares about people, doesn't BS except for fun, a pretty good businessman and the world's best grandfather. If that can't garner me a ticket to get a seat at the table and I have to rely on a soundclip, then I need to accept that reality, log off and just read as a learner quietly in the background. The day may come, but not until I'm ready.
There's room for both types on here, I agree about having a certain respect for anyone who does post music. Alot of the most obnoxious people you meet around here, don't have anything intelligent to say, and probably aren't much as musicians. People who are willing to throw their stuff out there, and just let it be, tend to be more laid back people, and are more pleasant to socialize with.

That's not to say that there is a lack of respect for people who don't post music (some don't have recordings to share, some are shy of their abilities, and some people are just guitar enthusiasts), but I definitely appreciate people who put there money where their mouth is. I know I'm not a great player, and that my recordings are great either, but I put it out there so that whenever I make a comment about tone or playing, a person can listen to the link in my sig and make up their mind as to whether I'm full of **** or not

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Reaction score
I agree, I like it when the lads can share a laugh or two. There are a few sour, buzz kills that venture in and leave anonymous hashtags, but it's because they don't have the wit to add to the laughs so the lob insults from the shadows :D

Anyone can teardown a house but only a carpenter can build one. Just keep building Penny Dreadful and enjoy the journey! Whether it's here or anywhere.

ElCamino

Reaction score
Perhaps we should have a come clean day here on the mile? Everyone post a recent pic of themselves. :D
Okey dokey then. Here's me. And if you scroll down on the Facebook page, I move too. Not cool movement, the kind that chicks dig, but movement nonetheless. I make noise as well. Not music. Noise. But it's fun, as is bantering with you boys.

We are the Jackie Chiles Trio: https://www.facebook.com/thejackiechilestrio

I'm the guy in the black tee shirt with noise coming out of both my guitar and mouth. To my left is Doc Joy, bass and vocals and yes she's actually a doctor. To my right on guitar is John, adjusting his metronome. On keys is Doc Craig, another physician. On drums is Paul.

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps we should have a come clean day here on the mile? Everyone post a recent pic of themselves. Only one person here in the MLP forum has met me in person. :D
I'm vain, so I'll go first. Me and my wife at our wedding two years ago, about to slash the cake.

Attachments

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
On this forum, I have higher esteem for people who have posted sound or video of them playing.

Even if the playing is poor. The fact that they put it out garners my respect.
That's me on the right, playing the gnarly solo.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgKxrF9Ow6E[/ame]

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I mostly make basic assumptions based on how a person consistently communicates. Are they chill? Or do they lunge like an angry fish the minute someone throws a lure in front of their face?

Do they seem rooted in only one era? Or able to find stuff they like from the present. Good grammar? A mean streak? Defensive or insulting? There are lots of things one can figure out about another person's personality from cues they give.

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okey dokey then. Here's me. And if you scroll down on the Facebook page, I move too. Not cool movement, the kind that chicks dig, but movement nonetheless. I make noise as well. Not music. Noise. But it's fun, as is bantering with you boys.

We are the Jackie Chiles Trio: https://www.facebook.com/thejackiechilestrio

I'm the guy in the black tee shirt with noise coming out of both my guitar and mouth. To my left is Doc Joy, bass and vocals and yes she's actually a doctor. To my right on guitar is John, adjusting his metronome. On keys is Doc Craig, another physician. On drums is Paul.
Y U NO POST IN TEH FACEBOOK LIEKS!?

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/backstage/332742-facebook-likes.html

Gave you guys a like. I dig "Aneurysm. ":)