What Chicago sounds like...

rockstar232007

Reaction score
The same people who assume that all of Chicago is "bad", also say the same about Detroit.

We live about 18miles south of the city, and it's pretty quiet around here, except for the idiots who like to shoot off fireworks (and, yes, they're fireworks) at random times throught the day/night.

truckermde

Reaction score
My Dad was born & raised in the city there. Graduated from Foreman High 1960. My Mom is from Michigan.

Both my folks hate the mid-west with a passion now, but it's mostly weather related. They won't even go back there. Settled in Columbus, GA.

My other extended family all left the city decades ago. Some relocated to Zion, up on the WI state line, lakefront. I hear that place is gone to the dogs now, as well, although I haven't been there since 1989. Used to be a nice little town, and may still be...

My remaining Illinois relatives have left Zion, and headed north into Wisconsin now. I think Kenosha, but I can't remember for sure.

FWIW, I can safely say I'd rather be in WI than IL. Used to love fishing at Eagle River...

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
My Dad was born & raised in the city there. Graduated from Foreman High 1960. My Mom is from Michigan.

Both my folks hate the mid-west with a passion now, but it's mostly weather related. They won't even go back there. Settled in Columbus, GA.

My other extended family all left the city decades ago. Some relocated to Zion, up on the WI state line, lakefront. I hear that place is gone to the dogs now, as well, although I haven't been there since 1989. Used to be a nice little town, and may still be...

My remaining Illinois relatives have left Zion, and headed north into Wisconsin now. I think Kenosha, but I can't remember for sure.

FWIW, I can safely say I'd rather be in WI than IL. Used to love fishing at Eagle River...
Wisconsin has been less than ideal recently......

truckermde

Reaction score
The same people who assume that all of Chicago is "bad", also say the same about Detroit.

We live about 18miles south of the city, and it's pretty quiet around here, except for the idiots who like to shoot off fireworks (and, yes, they're fireworks) at random times throught the day/night.
Totally. There are amazing parts of both cities, and great stuff to do there.

I've loved spending the day at Shedd Aquarium & MOSI by the lake shore...

Latest Threads