What are your “always on” pedals?

Mockbel

Reaction score
Hi friends

It is just that simple... post a pic of your current pedalboard and mention which pedals are “always on” if any :)

Starting with myself...
5A7E45D0-F420-4514-81F9-39179B86A173.jpeg

Noise gate pedals and reverb (from amp) are always on

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't rely on the pedal board much anymore but when I did I usually kept one of several delay pedals on all the time as well as a Zvex SHO boost.

mdubya

Reaction score
Got the world at my feet. Nothing is "always on" aside from the AX8 in general. :dunno:

Oa9kmoI.jpg

Back in the gigging days, the Maestro into my 2204 was my default rhythm tone. But it wasn't "always on" either as the 2204 was set with an AC/DC type base tone.

The AX8 has all of the reverb and delay and time based and modulation fx you could ever want.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I tend to always have a comp on. I have used many different ones. Sometimes I have a dirt or od always on to add grit. Right now I have zvex distrotron always on to add some low end to my jazzmaster. It also helps with other pedals. Also I love using the Pigtronix grit. I have run an ep boost as a always on pedal at the end of my chain to add warmth.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pedal that comes closest to be always on is my T-Rex Mudhoney. I use it to add dirt when playing at lower volumes.
I also use it to get a fuzzy treblebooster type of sound with a pushed JTM 45.

The CM Plexi Tone Lo Gain is also great on top of a crunchy JTM for some more modern Plexi gain (modern is early 70s in my perception ).
I just got a larger board, which needs to be populated, but this is my basic one.
fhFMNK5.jpg

Last edited:

sonar

Reaction score
Does a 6G15 count? It's never really out of the chain, even when the reverb is disengaged.

Rds

Reaction score
For me it would be a old digitech pds 1002 delay. I dont keep the delay on but I use the output button as a overdrive in front of my amp. Also recently been keeping a tiny bit of reverb on to sweeten.

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
For me it's the Jackson Audio Prism. It just takes my loud high headroom amp and gives it that feel of a cranked amp but without any gain and no tone shift. It's a "feel" thing and it definitely reminds you of a cranked combo. Touch sensitive too. All dirt is coming from pedals after the Prism so it gives that "feel" to all of my dirt pedals. It's definitely a must have.

kboman

Reaction score
Current board. I'm using the Barbershop to kick the living daylight out of the Deluxe in the Amplifire and it's always on.

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Pedals on my board which I run thru the fx loop and are always on are Boss DD3, the Digitec Hardwire Stereo Reverb and the BBE Sonic Stomp. I recently removed the Danelectro FishnChips EQ from that chain.
The rest of the pedals are used in agreement with the song and the guitar.
BP

Latest Threads