what are the differences

heybulldog

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, newbie question for experts please.....

What are the difference among ...
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Standard Pro

ahhhhh~!!!! how do you know which one you want to buy?

All I know is I like ebony with chrome hard ware. That is all I care, and as far as I know there are Studio and 68 custom are the only ones out there ?

:cool:

Custom53

Reaction score
The Gibson 101 does help but it doesn't answer everything. Of course the people here don't know what to tell you unless you ask... Not too many mind readers here... Maybe a couple...

Yaff

Reaction score
Hi, newbie question for experts please.....

ahhhhh~!!!! how do you know which one you want to buy?

:cool:

Easy! Go to a shop and try some :naughty:

Your the best judge of what works for you.
All the best

mLink

Reaction score
Your the best judge of what works for you.

Absolutely, it might end up being the best for your wallet if you don't know the differences in their specs. I know for me, I end up falling into the mindset of "This one is better because it has ____, of course I need that one," when in reality I can hardly tell a difference between the different models.

The Traditional Pro model has coil-tapping, which is a really awesome feature if you don't have other guitars to get the single-coil type of sound from. I don't think it comes in ebony though.

heybulldog

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely, it might end up being the best for your wallet if you don't know the differences in their specs. I know for me, I end up falling into the mindset of "This one is better because it has ____, of course I need that one," when in reality I can hardly tell a difference between the different models.

The Traditional Pro model has coil-tapping, which is a really awesome feature if you don't have other guitars to get the single-coil type of sound from. I don't think it comes in ebony though.

Thank you and thank you everybody. I know I got ask questions, at times many of them seems silly or so ignorant, I know... but that is why I joined this group reading, asking, and learning, all great. Thanks everybody.

:dude:

Yaff

Reaction score
Thank you and thank you everybody. I know I got ask questions, at times many of them seems silly or so ignorant, I know... but that is why I joined this group reading, asking, and learning, all great. Thanks everybody.

:dude:

Asking what the key differences between the models is a very sensible question, which Boleskinehouse answered :thumb:

Asking which one YOU should buy, is an imposable question for anyone but you to answer:hmm:

At the end of the day, its down to your available budget and what works for you.

I on the other hand asked questions after I purchased my first LP and without trying others. I now have 2 x LP :hmm: Not that I am complaining, as it was the exceptional feel and tone of my Studio that lead me to the impulse buy, but after discovering that it didn`t have a Maple top, I flet compelled to also try a Standard.Now I a have two :)

Lessens learnt: 1\ Ask questions before you buy 2\ Even if the first guitar you pick up feels magical, still try some others before you buy, as others may be even better

Anyway, all the best and I hope you find the perfect LP for you :fingersx:

Latest Threads