What are SAR humbuckers?

Tudorp

Reaction score
I just won an auction on Ebay. I thought it was pretty cheap, for nothing else than to tinker with. I won it for $5, plus $8 shipping ($13 total).

What I got.

two (2) humbucker pups, that the seller doesn't know the origin of, but says they say "SAR" on the back. I think they might be out of an Ibenez? Anyone know anything about these?

Also, two (2) chrome covers, 2, cream colored bezels, and 2 chrome bezels.

So basically, ended up with two pups, plus covers, and two sets of bezels (cream and chrome) for $13. Thought it would be worth the risk to play with em.. Anyone know what SAR pickups are, and what they would be from?

Marlboro13

Reaction score
The website says it's a chinese replica of popular PUs. :hmm:

Tudorp

Reaction score
The website says it's a chinese replica of popular PUs. :hmm:
Yep, I saw that.. But at the same time, that doesn't always mean a bad thing. I mean, I play a Asian replica of a popular USA guitar... lol.. Just sayin.. :cool:

DDDave

Reaction score
You cannot lose for the money spent!:)

Tudorp

Reaction score
Thats what I figured too. $5 bucks to play with them isn't too bad. I'll drop them in my daughters LP and see how they sound, and if I, or her don't like em, I'll take em appart and try my hand at hand winding my own just to mess with. Besides that, the covers and bezels are worth more than what I paid for the whole mess..

Mike.B.

Reaction score
shouldn't this be in the pickups section? :hmm: :D

Latest Threads