What amp do you recommend for a Les Paul?

rogue3

Reaction score
If you do prefer a tube amp, those '68 CDRRIs are flippin' sweet. They sound awesome, take pedals really well and are relatively lightweight and affordable. I think that's the way to go if you want great tone in a tube amp that's not going to break the bank and has the versatility to sound good at home volumes and work well in a small-venue live scenario.
...on my radar.thx for the feedback duane!

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of good suggestions .
Really can’t go wrong with a combo rig of some type, low wattage, Marshall, Orange, Fender, Supro.
Take your guitar with you to a well stocked music store and see what you like.
Nice guitar.

TheWelder

Reaction score
You're going to get every suggestion under the sun in this thread. There are dozens of amps that would work well for the applications you've listed. My suggestion would be to go to a music store and try some out.

PAPADON

Reaction score
For home and or gigs get something with multiple wattage options. This one runs at 5 -25 - 50 watts.

Mesa Express 550.
1624731725559.png

palmerfralick

Reaction score
I need an amp for my Gibson Les Paul Standard’50s. This would be for playing at home, blues, classic rock, jazz. At some point maybe paying at a bar or coffee house with a bassist and drummer or maybe just me. Any suggestions?

most stores are pretty much back open, so try as many as you can.many good suggestions already mentioned. might be a good idea to know what sound you hear in your head that you would like to capture. but no matter which one you go with first you won't have it that long. it's the nature of the tone chase.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Snickerdoodle 50

Deftone

Reaction score
$800-$1200

You want a combo or a head & cabinet? And who's tone do you like? If you have a practice amp like a Spark or a GDEC modeler, you can narrow it down to what kind of amp tone prefer. Or just listen to examples on YouTube.

Latest Threads