What about we who can't afford AC?

Olds442

Reaction score
Our weather patterns are fickle. Sure, it's gonna be record-breaking hot for a few days. The High is causing the wind to shift from East to West. Our natural air-conditioning from westerly winds from the Pacific will switch back on and we will get back to normal just in time for my fancy new widget to be unused until the next all-time record heatwave. We don't do air-con or umbrellas. :hippie:
walmart and amazon have a 30 day return policy. when your pacific winds come back, return it.

or lay in bed wondering while you didn't as your balls fall off, your call.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I guess by now with all the answers you got you should be able to cool off!

And I think it's a bad idea to try and tough it out.
You know, with age and shit.
:thumb:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You could stay and read all this shit. It will make you feel better about it while you sweat and drip.

Or, you could get the fuck out of Dodge.

If you tell me you don't have AC in your car, Mr Oil Baron..

..then RENT a fucking car and get out for a few days.

Bring a lap top. Or your phone. Then you can re-visit this thread and tell everybody how you're kicking back in an air-conditioned room.

rabidhamster

Reaction score
Our weather patterns are fickle. Sure, it's gonna be record-breaking hot for a few days. The High is causing the wind to shift from East to West. Our natural air-conditioning from westerly winds from the Pacific will switch back on and we will get back to normal just in time for my fancy new widget to be unused until the next all-time record heatwave. We don't do air-con or umbrellas. :hippie:
Hey If you made it in Seattle without AC this long you’ll be ok. To me Seattle has $400 worth of window unit days every year without making records.

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It could be a Meltdown Friday but it's not hot enough. It's obvious that you AC people want to rule the world while we po' folk drown in sweat.

Roberteaux

Loquacious Reprobate
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was gonna suggest that you hire a couple of attractive feems, dress them in the style of Dynastic Egypt, and have them stand on either side of your easy chair, while fanning you with ostrich plumes... :thumb:

But then I did the math and found out that you could buy about ten window units for the price of one day's worth of manual fanning. :shock:

So I'm out of ideas now. Sorry fett! :(

--R :p

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dave wants me to leave Dodge in my Dodge. It wouldn't get 50 miles in this heat. I could leave Dodge in my '79 Fiat 124 with the top down. Can't do that. It won't start. I could sit in my Fiat with the top down and set my floor fan on the truck lid and pretend. At least, I have a carport. I could fill my bathtub with cold water. However, it's kinda mobile home short and I'm 6'14". I just don't know what to do. :Ohno: Why don't you guys do a GOfettME and help me out.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It could be a Meltdown Friday but it's not hot enough. It's obvious that you AC people want to rule the world while we po' folk drown in sweat.
Because we're high-born entitled motherfuckers who make up nasty shit about you and your peon existence behind your back.

..While we're sipping ice cold champagne at $150 a bottle.

..in a climate-controlled room.

..while eating prime rib and lobster.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dave wants me to leave Dodge in my Dodge. It wouldn't get 50 miles in this heat. I could leave Dodge in my '79 Fiat 124 with the top down. Can't do that. It won't start. I could sit in my Fiat with the top down and set my floor fan on the truck lid and pretend. At least, I have a carport. I could fill my bathtub with cold water. However, it's kinda mobile home short and I'm 6'14". I just don't know what to do. :Ohno: Why don't you guys do a GOfettME and help me out.

This is all your own doing.

Oil tycoon, huh?

You can't rent a car?

You have no "weekend getaway" money?

My mom had a Fiat 124, years ago.

You've got that, and you have that there Chester Van.

You can sit still in the car there in the driveway. Or you can get in the Dodge, go down to Hertz or Avis or Enterprise and make it fucking happen.

Fund you, my Irish ass.

Oil Tycoon. Lol.

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What do you mean it's all my own doing? I didn't create the heatwave. :hippie:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What do you mean it's all my own doing? I didn't create the heatwave. :hippie:
No, you are not responsible for the weather.

But you are responsible for how you handle it.

Your own doing, because you don't have a car that will make it 50 miles, Jed Clampett.

Oil that is. Texas Tea..

Or should I say Jethro?

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is funny. I'm out laying down coats of sanding sealer on one, sanding on two others.

I come in between coats.

fett has freshened his gripe every time I come in.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Entitled? I ain't got no title...

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
How I handle this is the point of this thread. Having some fun with it is what happens. This is Day 1 of , at least, 4 where the measures I take will impact how I get through it. I won't gripe or complain. I'll update for those who are interested in how a 70 year old deals with no air conditioning.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
moist t-shirt,bathing suit,and cool showers every hour or so.survived a couple of weeks with no power and hence no a/c that way.a fan blowing while you are sitting there would help a little too,get some air blowing on that moisture.

Latest Threads