What a rip!

drewbertca

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
IMO this is a perfect example of the Gibson name carrying the price tag, not the guitar. Put virtually any other brand on the headstock, including Fender, and they couldn't dream of charging that much, limited edition or not. With all due respect, that the price point for this product could find any rationalists is a testimony to the lore that surrounds the Gibson name. For better or for worse.

Realistically, if a limited addition of an unsanded guitar is what floats your boat then buy it. Just know you're not getting $3.5k's worth of anything. Just like paying $100k for a vintage LP. It's nice. It's a great guitar, but it ain't worth $100k to anyone but collectors.

agreed...is not worth $3500...but I feel the normal one is worth what I paid for it.....and aside from the hand signing/numbering it's the exact same guitar....

GLP4me

Reaction score
It's a burstbucker 3...far from the hottest....lol....

Oh yeah...interesting. I know nothing about that pickup in there. I had no interest in hearing it and he didn't even offer to play or anything. He knew I had no interest. We were just talking guitars. Thanks for the info. :thumb:

drewbertca

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah...interesting. I know nothing about that pickup in there. I had no interest in hearing it and he didn't even offer to play or anything. He knew I had no interest. We were just talking guitars. Thanks for the info. :thumb:

No problem...it's just a Hot PAF version from gibson...slightly hotter than stock....I'd say it's a warm pickup...very versatile in my opinion....mates well with the P-90

loaded six string

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I did not intend my reply to be a 'personal attack' on anyone - I was just being sarcastic and agreeing with the author of the post. I apologize if I offended you - it was not intended....I'm new here, and don't want to get off on the wrong foot.....

I do, however stand by my opinion...............

No biggie, thanks for the reply. :thumb:

decoy205

Reaction score
I guess some people would buy it because of that, I think they are fools! You could buy a regular BFG spend a weekend in Manhattan, go see Les Paul play in person, and have him sign your LP, (he autographs all kinds of items after his gig) and still have some cash left over. In the end, you'll have a new BFG signed by Les Paul himself, (witnessed by you!) spent a couple of days in NY city, see Les Paul play, meet Les Paul, shake his hand, even have a little chat with him. All instead of getting ripped off by Gibson, (and I must say by Les Paul too).

I saw Les Paul in '06 at iridium and he was i believe 92 years old. He signed NO autographs after the show. I was very disappointed as that is the specific reason I went there so I can meet the man. I ended up getting Lou Pallo's sig. instead the band guys were cool and floating around after the show. They said Les was resting. They wanted you to buy Les Pauls cd and they weren't even signed. I understand why he couldn't do that after the show the man is old. But they advertise on the club website that he signs and meets the audience. They should take that down.

As for this guitar. I've seen les paul customs online that were signed for les money then this. What a crock.

loaded six string

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, to go to the show to see Les and anticipate getting to meet him, then getting the rug pulled out from under you, but, as you said, he probably meets and greets depending on how he feels, which is understandable

player777

Reaction score
WOW ,You guy's get up early on Sunday, check out all the am posts and it is only 9:00am L.A time. Ya I agree that is a lot of $ for a new LP.they can afford to make em, price em that high and if they dont sell it wont kill em but if it does, than they have set another bench mark selling price for us to get used to like every other thing on the market today . aaaaaa goin back to bed:thumb:

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Only Gibson would try to sell ice to an Eskimo, for 10x's what its worth.

drewbertca

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think the $3500 is only 3.5 times what it's worth and the full $5000 is only 5 times the value.....

Just testing my signature

player777

Reaction score
hey checked out your tunes , nice really liked man in the box . tuff stuff good job, :thumb:

Latest Threads