What a rip!

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There are 52 morons waiting to prove themselves.

drewbertca

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
THose have been around for a long time and obviously not selling....I have a BFG...one of the normal inexpensive ones...sounds and plays awesome....but I wouldn't pony up that kind of cash for a guitar that I could have for 1/3 the price.....I've heard rumors...not only from the review on that link but from other places (I honestly don't remember where) but it's supposed to be signed and numbered by Les Paul Himself...that adds to the intrigue but not $2500 worth in my opinion

Oh and there are 52 of each original colour so that's 156 of these guitars.

Zack-on-crack

Reaction score
Some people want to buy a tone-a-rific guitar and rock. Then you got some people who want to say "This guitar cost me $3500!". Gibson is happy to oblige the later. There you have it.

drewbertca

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I like awesome guitars but I'm happier saying: "This one cost me $300 what a steal!!" than bragging by saying "Hey watch yourself near my guitar it's worth more than you are....that cost me $3500"

that said for a good R-something or something else I like I'd possibly say "I got this for $3500 what a steal" but I'd have to have the income/reserve funds to finance the purchase......

Robster

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
HELL to the NIZ-AH! No friggin way, man!

R

M

madialex

Yeah, I think Gibson rode their name a little too hard on this one... I'm not payin that much green for a stripped piece of wood, stripped of hardware??????? Are they insane???

loaded six string

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Guys, I looked at it to and read the review in the corner. It is autographed by Les Paul him self on the back of the headstock. Not a decal, but actually signed. If it was authentic, wouldn't that be worth it ?

Quote fro the page:The BFG has to be one of my favorite Les Pauls of all time, and I've owned tons of lesters. A light Chambered body, broken in feel, awesome tone on both pups (that sound good with any style of music). What else could you want?

I think the BFG will be collectible for many reasons: 1) It's THE mose controversial Les Paul of all time 2) Chambered Body, and Humbucker/p-90 combo (exclusive for this model only) 3) trim package exclusive to only the BFG model (clear covers, wood knobs, scalloped top, and the Kill switch) 4) one of the first 52 BFGs

5) Even though it's not advertised, It's got Les Paul's actual autograph on the headstock (not the decal that all other pauls have, but the autograph from THE man himself!)

What are you waiting for? Buy this guitar!

Posted by Beatle Bailey from Texas on Dec 6, 2007

scozz

Reaction score
Guys, I looked at it to and read the review in the corner. It is autographed by Les Paul him self on the back of the headstock. Not a decal, but actually signed. If it was authentic, wouldn't that be worth it ?

Quote fro the page:The BFG has to be one of my favorite Les Pauls of all time, and I've owned tons of lesters. A light Chambered body, broken in feel, awesome tone on both pups (that sound good with any style of music). What else could you want?

I think the BFG will be collectible for many reasons: 1) It's THE mose controversial Les Paul of all time 2) Chambered Body, and Humbucker/p-90 combo (exclusive for this model only) 3) trim package exclusive to only the BFG model (clear covers, wood knobs, scalloped top, and the Kill switch) 4) one of the first 52 BFGs

5) Even though it's not advertised, It's got Les Paul's actual autograph on the headstock (not the decal that all other pauls have, but the autograph from THE man himself!)

What are you waiting for? Buy this guitar!

Posted by Beatle Bailey from Texas on Dec 6, 2007

I guess some people would buy it because of that, I think they are fools! You could buy a regular BFG spend a weekend in Manhattan, go see Les Paul play in person, and have him sign your LP, (he autographs all kinds of items after his gig) and still have some cash left over. In the end, you'll have a new BFG signed by Les Paul himself, (witnessed by you!) spent a couple of days in NY city, see Les Paul play, meet Les Paul, shake his hand, even have a little chat with him. All instead of getting ripped off by Gibson, (and I must say by Les Paul too).

mojofilter

Reaction score
L.O.L. BE REAL,GIBSON! IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP! has no clssic charm,and the price oh man come on !
a posted already,crap is crap!

Strongbad

Reaction score
The BFG is a cool guitar for $900. If you have $3500 to spend on one, please speak to me first ...I have a bridge in NYC for sale....and some beachfront property in Kansas.....

drewbertca

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I love my BFG but I agree with those who say it's not worth $3500...I wouldn't pay that for a BFG...but there are guitars (R8, R9, Custom shop) I might be willing to some day......

GLP4me

Reaction score
I saw a trans cherry one in my local shop yesterday. I thought it was hideous! I didn't even bother looking at the price but I believe he said it was quite pricey. He also said that humbucker pickup is the "hottest" one out there. I know he wasn't trying to sell me on it, because he knew I had zero interest in it. This type of finish on a guitar certainly did not impress me. I want it to look pretty for that kind of money.

loaded six string

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The BFG is a cool guitar for $900. If you have $3500 to spend on one, please speak to me first ...I have a bridge in NYC for sale....and some beachfront property in Kansas.....
I'm not saying it is worth what it is listed at, I agree it is way over priced. I was just bringing discussion to the thread and you go and make a personal attack on me, insinuating I'm gullible ?:wtf:

Strongbad

Reaction score
I did not intend my reply to be a 'personal attack' on anyone - I was just being sarcastic and agreeing with the author of the post. I apologize if I offended you - it was not intended....I'm new here, and don't want to get off on the wrong foot.....

I do, however stand by my opinion...............

drewbertca

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I saw a trans cherry one in my local shop yesterday. I thought it was hideous! I didn't even bother looking at the price but I believe he said it was quite pricey. He also said that humbucker pickup is the "hottest" one out there. I know he wasn't trying to sell me on it, because he knew I had zero interest in it. This type of finish on a guitar certainly did not impress me. I want it to look pretty for that kind of money.

It's a burstbucker 3...far from the hottest....lol....

I did not intend my reply to be a 'personal attack' on anyone - I was just being sarcastic and agreeing with the author of the post. I apologize if I offended you - it was not intended....I'm new here, and don't want to get off on the wrong foot.....

I do, however stand by my opinion...............

No offense taken...It's not a guitar for everyone.....I liked it because it was different but the same.....It's a USA made Les Paul that I could afford, I've always loved P-90s and the bridge burstbucker tone was to die for....It plays and feels amazing...I think I got a good deal on it considering I actually liked it....Before I stumbled on this at my local store I was trying hard to get a Melody Maker....but My BFG just talked to me.......and I would have felt ripped of if it was the $3500 one...but for around $1000 Canadian it was a good price for me at the time....

hbucker

Reaction score
IMO this is a perfect example of the Gibson name carrying the price tag, not the guitar. Put virtually any other brand on the headstock, including Fender, and they couldn't dream of charging that much, limited edition or not. With all due respect, that the price point for this product could find any rationalists is a testimony to the lore that surrounds the Gibson name. For better or for worse.

Realistically, if a limited addition of an unsanded guitar is what floats your boat then buy it. Just know you're not getting $3.5k's worth of anything. Just like paying $100k for a vintage LP. It's nice. It's a great guitar, but it ain't worth $100k to anyone but collectors.

Latest Threads