What’s with the Tommy Thayer Hate?

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
The guy has a sweet gig, does the job and get paid.
Yeah, he wears Ace’s makeup but doesn’t sell himself as being Ace.
I get fans want Ace back but why the hate for Tommy? So what am I missing KISS fans?

BTW I think this video is not clever or funny, and shows someone with TTDS Tommy Thayer Derangement Syndrome.

Last edited:

Caretaker

Reaction score
I know(knew) Tommy from the Black and Blue days. Very cool, low key guy. No ego/attitude at all.
He went to work for the band as tour manager and eventually got the gig. More power to him.
He`s living the dream.
probably any one of us(most of us anyway) would love a gig like that.
But not with Kiss(I HATE Kiss). LOL

cjpeck

Reaction score
I was never into Kiss when I was in their demographic. The past few years I've listened to the catalog and I get why they were as big as they were. They did a rock and roll show with all the stops pulled out. None of them were phenomenal musucians, but it seems they were the right personel for the band. I have to admit I have a soft spot for the Tom Snyder Kiss interview though. "And Gene Simmons, the bass player, and Ace Frehley, the guitar player..." "oh, no. I'm the trout player!" Freakin' classic. "so Ace, you're a spacemand?" "No, I'm a plumber!" Good stuff. I love how Gene just sits and stews.

Why do people hate Tommy? Probably because they see him and drummer playing in a half tribute band. I'd feel silly in his shoes, myself. I'll never have that gig though. I'm too short.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Hating Tommy is like hating Janick Gers? Aim higher.
Janick is the other one that catches crap for doing a job. Personally I like Maiden with the extra guitar.

BTW, Ace’s new album is pretty good if you like Ace, or classic Kiss.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Janick is the other one that catches crap for doing a job. Personally I like Maiden with the extra guitar.

M, I'm glad there is still ROCK guitar out and kicking. I like all players, part of the coven.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score

I liked his last album, I listen to Kiss Alive 6-7 times yearly, always get a rush.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I was never into Kiss when I was in their demographic. The past few years I've listened to the catalog and I get why they were as big as they were. They did a rock and roll show with all the stops pulled out. None of them were phenomenal musucians, but it seems they were the right personel for the band. I have to admit I have a soft spot for the Tom Snyder Kiss interview though. "And Gene Simmons, the bass player, and Ace Frehley, the guitar player..." "oh, no. I'm the trout player!" Freakin' classic. "so Ace, you're a spacemand?" "No, I'm a plumber!" Good stuff. I love how Gene just sits and stews.

Why do people hate Tommy? Probably because they see him and drummer playing in a half tribute band. I'd feel silly in his shoes, myself. I'll never have that gig though. I'm too short.
That interview was so rock and roll, and that was because of Ace.

I wasn’t a Kiss fan when they came out but over the last year I went back and listened to their back catalogue from start to finish and those first albums were pretty good. They may have not been Return to Forever but they were surprisingly good on those pre-Alive albums. Peter could swing and Gene was much better than I thought. Even the vocals were better than the average band of the time.

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
I like him, he does a good job and his epiphone sigs are dynamite. Plus he can play

DotStudio

Reaction score
The guy has a sweet gig, does the job and get paid.
Yeah, he wears Ace’s makeup but doesn’t sell himself as being Ace.
I get fans want Ace back but why the hate for Tommy? So what am I missing KISS fans?

BTW I think this video is not clever or funny, and shows someone with TTDS Tommy Thayer Derangement Syndrome.
Wait, it's pronounced "frail-ee"? I've been saying "free-lee" my entire life.

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
Wait, they replaced Darrin? Holy hell, I have to go back through my VHS collection of the series now. I just thought he lost weight and died his hair, you know, cause of the AIDS thing.

Dangit.

Latest Threads