What’s the last thing you spent money on

James R

Reaction score
...and would you rather have an unending lifetime supply of it, or have all the money back that you’ve ever spent on it previously?
The only caveat for my little game is that you can’t profit on the lifetime supply by selling it to others, and it’s non transferable. It’s for you, and you alone.

For me, I just filled up my gas tank.
Although I have spent many thousands of dollars on gas in the past, and it would be great to have all that money back again, gas just keeps going up, and I plan on continuing to drive for many years to come, so I’d much rather have an unending supply of it than get my previously spent money back.
That being said, if the last thing I had bought was something like beer, I’d happily take my previously spent money back.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing remarkable...

I ordered a new bulb for my florescent work lamp over my bench at the shop.... about seven bucks...

Oh well...

smk506

Reaction score
I just gassed up too. If I go with the endless supply, how does that work? Do I just get a bunch of tanker trailers dropped off somewhere, a card good at any gas station forever or what? I wanna take the endless supply, but the devils in the details on that one for sure.

Second to last thing was a pack of smokes and a twizlers candy, since I don’t care for twizlers a lifetime supply would be useless, I’d take the $3.00 back.

The smokes is the real thinker. On the one hand, cost keeps going up and it sucks having to go buy a pack here or there when you misjudge your stock levels and run out.

I’m likely to spend more on them in a shorter period of time than the length I’ve been smoking simply due to inflation if nothing else, but that’s also a pretty decent chunk of change in its own right.

James R

Reaction score
22 yards of topsoil and 80lbs of grass seed.
So, would you rather have an unending supply of grass seed and top soil, or all the money back that you’ve ever spent on them?

I have to be honest, I thought that most people were going to say stuff like a cup of coffee or a pack of smokes or something like that.
You guys are throwing me for a loop with all your “one and done” purchases. :laugh2:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Well, I’ve been known to be an odd fellow, so I guess fair is fair... and for me, JW all the way.
I saw both-Leslie hit on my gal at Club Bene'. Joe played Great Adventure, fell over 3/4 of the way through set, lay onstage with mic next to him-BEST LP tone live.

James R

Reaction score
I just gassed up too. If I go with the endless supply, how does that work? Do I just get a bunch of tanker trailers dropped off somewhere, a card good at any gas station forever or what? I wanna take the endless supply, but the devils in the details on that one for sure.

Second to last thing was a pack of smokes and a twizlers candy, since I don’t care for twizlers a lifetime supply would be useless, I’d take the $3.00 back.

The smokes is the real thinker. On the one hand, cost keeps going up and it sucks having to go buy a pack here or there when you misjudge your stock levels and run out.

I’m likely to spend more on them in a shorter period of time than the length I’ve been smoking simply due to inflation if nothing else, but that’s also a pretty decent chunk of change in its own right.
:applause:
Good answer!

I’ll say you get a card to fill up, anytime, anywhere. That way you don’t have to worry about storing it.
I was a 30 year smoker, it was one of the main purchases I had in mind while making this thread.
Since I’m no longer a smoker, I’d love to get my money back, but cigarettes are quite the expensive daily purchase (20 pack in BC is going for like $15 now I think) so if I still smoked, I’d likely take the unending supply.

smk506

Reaction score
:applause:
Good answer!

I’ll say you get a card to fill up, anytime, anywhere. That way you don’t have to worry about storing it.
I was a 30 year smoker, it was one of the main purchases I had in mind while making this thread.
Since I’m no longer a smoker, I’d love to get my money back, but cigarettes are quite the expensive daily purchase (20 pack in BC is going for like $15 now I think) so if I still smoked, I’d likely take the unending supply.
I just did the math, if I averaged my cigarette cost per day conservatively at $3.00 a day then after 20 years it’s $21,900.

I would definitely take the cash.