What‘s the latest news on the Eric Clapton Beano Burst having been found?

Red Pharoah

Reaction score
He fucked up by mentioning it at all. Either a) he's full of shit and just made it up to get attention, or b) he's right, and he now has exposed someone to legal / financial jeopardy based on heresay.
He recanted his statement a few weeks later.

Scott, Taking the timing of Joe B's announcement about the Beano Burst into account, I think your answer a) is closer to the truth. But I feel it was more of a deflection away from what was going on at the time with a buddy of his. It was not for attention. He gets plenty of that when he plays guitar. Joe does best at letting his music do the talking!

I had read that Gil S. was the guy that said the Beano was a 59 and not a 60. I could be wrong about that, but that is what I recall reading not too long ago. Can anyone back me up on that statement? Anyone recall reading that?

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could this guy have it? He has the dough and the Clapton/Bonamassa connection.

That line about it being owned by a collector on the east coast may just be an attempt to throw the dogs off the scent.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Could this guy have it? He has the dough and the Clapton/Bonamassa connection.

That line about it being owned by a collector on the east coast may just be an attempt to throw the dogs off the scent.

Not a chance in hell.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don't know what deflection you are referring to. I must have missed it. Or maybe I knew, but didn't connect the dots. Can you drop a hint?

As to Gil's comment:

mdubya

Reaction score
Beano was always a '59 until EC started saying the neck wasn't so big. Then the geniuses of the internet dubbed it a '59 spec 1960. Which is silly because the '59 spec early 1960 models included the neck.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beano was always a '59 until EC started saying the neck wasn't so big. Then the geniuses of the internet dubbed it a '59 spec 1960. Which is silly because the '59 spec early 1960 models included the neck.
Curious. Has a crime been commited with RE: to the Beano git?

Or is this historical masturbation aimed at increasing the value of said git
(if, indeed, it exists anymore) for a possible owner, who may or may not,
have the git in question, of said Beano.

All in all fun to historically mastaurbate but to what end? Yes, a sly pun was intented
but can be ignored if your senses are repulsed; so the 'end' is up to your imagination
dear nation and MLPers of all sexes.

So. Has a crime been committed?
I rest my case. Well, I rest on my case. No chairs... :cool2:

judson

Reaction score
When you think about it, what good is having it? If you put it up for sale and advertise it as the one-and-only-genuine-honest-to-God Beano LP, no one is going to buy a knowingly-stolen guitar, especially that one. Receiving and concealing stolen property still applies even though it was stolen 54 years ago.

Is there some underground group of collectors who deal is this type of stuff amongst themselves like stolen art?
i am sure there is....but look in Norms warehouse for Beano maybe :hmm:

StudioFan

Reaction score
Simple

0 2183

Formerly owned by John Fogarty

Red Pharoah

Reaction score
0 2183 headstock tuner holes have NOT been enlarged for Grovers. Dont think it is a reneck either. Also, Gil S. says for sure it is a 59. I believe Gil. The man knows his business well. Sounds honorable to the person that showed it to him. I admire people with integrity!

Red Pharoah

Reaction score
SWS1, The deflection and point Joe B was trying to make was that you can't believe everything you read (on the internet) at THAT point in time. True, you cant and should not believe everything you read. But in my case, at that point in time, what I posted on the internet was the TRUTH. I am willing to enlighten you more but the water has passed the dam. Message me in private and I will provide you documentation that I dont want to post on this forum. I have been dragged through the mud enough for trying to help someone recover something that was valuable to their family.

StudioFan

Reaction score
0 2183 headstock tuner holes have NOT been enlarged for Grovers. Dont think it is a reneck either. Also, Gil S. says for sure it is a 59. I believe Gil. The man knows his business well. Sounds honorable to the person that showed it to him. I admire people with integrity!
Yeah that’s what MH said in the other thread .
However this could just be said to throw others off .
Gil could use the same tactic.

Who knows .

Have you seen 0 2183 with the tuners removed ?

I have not seen any new pictures of 0 2183 since it was last sold .
Wonder why , and where it has gone .

Red Pharoah

Reaction score
I have not inspected 0 2183 personally. But I think Mike Hickey has had the opportunity to do so. Mike is a great guy. I dont think he would mislead anyone. Same with Gil. Much respect for both of those guys!

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
SWS1, The deflection and point Joe B was trying to make was that you can't believe everything you read (on the internet) at THAT point in time. True, you cant and should not believe everything you read. But in my case, at that point in time, what I posted on the internet was the TRUTH. I am willing to enlighten you more but the water has passed the dam. Message me in private and I will provide you documentation that I dont want to post on this forum. I have been dragged through the mud enough for trying to help someone recover something that was valuable to their family.
Nevermind. I know what you're referring to now.

BSeneca

Reaction score
I'm more interested in Bloomfield's burst, which is out there. (I was made aware of how to get it relatively recently if I wanted it.) At least that guitar can be identified. Beano - how will anyone know?
Hope you and your family are well going through all this craziness, Is it true that he (Bloomfield) left the guitar at a club and the owner refused to give it back? Don't know much about Bloomfield as I never really listened to him very heavily.

BSeneca

Reaction score
No doubt. Probably the main reason I didn't spend any effort going after it.

I had read that the guitar was taken by the club owner as a result of him not showing up for a gig. Who knows exactly what happened.
Sorry I just replied with this question before scrolling down

Latest Threads