WGD Trad Ice Tea?

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's a really beautiful guitar you have there!

I have a 2010 LP Trad in cherry-- and I honestly can't say that I think it's any prettier than the one you got your mitts on. But then, cherry was the only color they had in that model when I went to buy one... I might have gone for desert burst, had one been there to choose from.

Best of luck to you, with your beautiful new guitar!

--R

Mule Train

Reaction score
I am going to send it back. The buyer who was supposed to get this one wants it because he already has a CB. I can not keep someone else's guitar it is not right, it was an honest mistake by the seller. Do not buy online your heart can get broken.

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't the seller just get him another DB?
I assume he's a dealer, no?

Mule Train

Reaction score
He says he is out of DB's Shiffy . I called my local Gibson dealer and I can get one for 1900.00 but they will have to order the plus. He is einsteinstrings on ebay. Again an honest mistake. They are great communicators and seem like nice folks.

KenG

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I am keeping it. I played it straight through a 68 Fender Twin Reverb. I started with both pickups on 3/4 Volume Tone knobs turned down 3/4. I love bass and got a heavy creamy type of sound and when pressed shook things. Slowly turning the tones up It came alive. On Lead Riffs it can scream and great sustain. I tried the other pickups and was amazed. Not a dead hunk of wood by any means. The neck pick up was nice and mellow and with the tone down a bit dreamy I guess. Bridge pick up Nice and bright and a bit twangy when bending notes, great for getting attention. All and all the best sounding and playing guitar I have ever had. Good low action and no buzzing. While playing chords I could feel the fret wires more than I wanted to but still smooth.
The Trads have beefy fretwire at around 0.049 - 0.050 ". They are great for bending. Personally I like to believe things happen for a reason, and I would accept that guitar if it played & felt well which it seems to. TBH the standard Cherry burst finish is so typical that while it can be beautiful, doesn't strike me as much these days.

Wine Red

Reaction score
That one ya got is beautiful. Too bad ya have to send it back but that is very cool that you are. I am sure the other guy will be thankful.

I hope that your CherryBurst is as beautiful.

Mule Train

Reaction score
Thanks, I only played it once in my sweats, no pick and with clean hands. It is like it was when it arrived. They will pick it up at my door so that's cool too.

Mule Train

Reaction score
Well I ended up keeping this one after all I guess it was fate. Seller found another DB for other customer.

:cool:

Sånglöf

Reaction score
sweet guitar. Makes me wanna buy another one... Not that I really need one, but I like the idea of owning another Les Paul. Mabe I can use as a back up! :)

Latest Threads