Westbury custom s

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didn't bond well with mine even though it did play and sound killer. I anchor the heel of my hand on my Lesters and such but the contour and smaller body of that I just couldn't bond with....

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
made a trade deal tonight.. the westbury for an older korean epi les paul standard and hard case. Deal is not done 100% yet as I have not seen the epi but I know he guy and he claims it is mint. probably not a great trade on my part but I just don't like this guitar and he loves it.

endial

Reaction score
made a trade deal tonight.. the westbury for an older korean epi les paul standard and hard case. Deal is not done 100% yet as I have not seen the epi but I know he guy and he claims it is mint. probably not a great trade on my part but I just don't like this guitar and he loves it.
That's all good. Sounds like a win-win. You're not obligated to like a guitar that everyone else seems to gush on about, and if you found it a good home, what could be better? That Epi sounds like a real gem, too.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
That's all good. Sounds like a win-win. You're not obligated to like a guitar that everyone else seems to gush on about, and if you found it a good home, what could be better? That Epi sounds like a real gem, too.
if the westbury was all original no way would I have made the trade due to just sheer value.. but as I said it is a pieced together guitar.. body and neck are in great condition as is the hardware.. just non original pickup and tuners and the 6 way is bypassed.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
did the trade.. got the epi and a case.. epi has some buckle rash but not major and need a switch tip for the selector. other than that pretty clean.

Tim Farmer

Reaction score
I know this has been posted before but hoping to get it in front of new eyes. does ANYONE have one of these and if so would you be willing to either take pics or diagram the wiring of the rotary switch. this is unavailable ANYWHERE , even from the guy reopening the company. ALSO does anyone know what pickups were original?
Hi Steve, I have one that I have had since I was 16 (that's about 35 years). It's a great guitar. Here's a schematic. I know it's been a couple of years since you posted this message. Perhaps you're still interested
Westbury Custom-S Wiring Diagram.jpg
Westbury Custom-S Wiring Schematic.jpg
-Tim

gilesb

Reaction score
Hi Steve, I have one that I have had since I was 16 (that's about 35 years). It's a great guitar. Here's a schematic. I know it's been a couple of years since you posted this message. Perhaps you're still interested View attachment 357957 View attachment 357958 -Tim
Hi Tim, I dont suppose you could upload a more hi res version of these diagrams could you? I have been hunting high and low for a wiring diagram for my westbury custom s. If you cant. Any ideas where I might get a diagram? Have tried Westbury direct and no answer. Thanks Giles.

chimi

Reaction score
My number 1 guitar is my Westbury Custom. I have no idea what the selector switch does... I found one setting that sounded great and left it at that. The combination of body wood and pickups provides one of the best guitar tones i've had.

The biggest win for me is the fretless wonder neck. By FAR the best guitar neck i have ever played. I go through a lot of guitars, and this neck is literally perfect for me. On the thinner side and super fast.

chimi

Reaction score
PS- if anyone has another one they want to move let me know...

Latest Threads