We're getting spammed again

integra evan

Reaction score
I give all the time to this forum that I can. And that's some time every single day. So do the other mods. They are here doing this every single day
I know, and I, and we, all appreciate it. Just trying to suggest something that'll help you guys out a bit...a captcha-like option should seem like an easy widget to install just to alleviate some of the unnecessary jargon you have to deal with.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know, and I, and we, all appreciate it. Just trying to suggest something that'll help you guys out a bit...a captcha-like option should seem like an easy widget to install just to alleviate some of the unnecessary jargon you have to deal with.
I'd love it. But does that mean everybody has to go through it every time they log on?

Is the board software even capable of installing and implementing it?

I have no idea.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
We the mod staff do not have access to board software, we don't even know if security measures such as "captcha" or other "prove you're human" measures can be added.

No clue.

Here's a hint; if it mentions things like CBD oil, Keto, male "enhancement" etc etc..

...don't click on it. Just pass it by. Amazing what a mouse can do or not do.

We the mod staff are doing the best we can with it. we deal with each and every report, every thread or post that catches a flag. I promise we do. Honest Injun.

Sometimes when I fall prey to that old-fart disease of having to pee at 0330, I even stop by the computer on my way back to the bedroom and check for spam, whack whatever might be present.

I hit it at around 2300 when I first go to bed.

Other mods check it on the East coast in the earlier time zones, and it's been dealt with when I get up.

I'm in the shop most of my daytime building guitars. But I check in some short time after 12 Noon or so.

I give all the time to this forum that I can. And that's some time every single day. So do the other mods. They are here doing this every single day.

If that doesn't work for you guys, then I don't know what to tell you other than "we will do our best and keep at it".

Fair enough?
I reckon it’ll be ok....

:squint:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate captcha bullshit. I’d rather not ever see it again...

What mods see and what web munky sees are two waaaaaaaaay different animals. Mods don’t need to see that deep. Mods are not coders, don’t need to be. If they saw all the web munky sees, you either couldn’t find anyone to mod or the site would blow up from ‘whatzat button do? or just plain OOPS’ several times a day. Not referring to mods here, but speaking in general.

Think of a mod as having a few extra menu selections that allow them to see stuff the normal user can’t see...and do things the reg user can’t do.... Like smoke dipshits every time they stick they head up.... and other optional stuff web munky gives them access to. Mods job ain’t easy to stay on top of. Time consuming.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at the login/register screen somewhere. Look at fields and text for those fields.
Go to the bottom and see what forum platform the site runs on.

Go to another different [same forum platform] site and look at forum login/reg screen, fields, text.

Now, is your login here handled by browser? How does it know WHERE to auto fill?

Think it out.

Next. You wish to create a thread.... Pretty set routine I’d say....

Redneck Explanation.
Script can automate most anything. Script can pull úname/pass out of a db or list.
Run with úname/pass top of list, etc
Delete top (they know uname will be nuked
Wait for X time, can be any delay time...
Run again

Mondo stuff can be automated.... Just is.

Adieu

Reaction score
Several posts about Keto Diet and other such carp....
How the hell do they manage to sell an EAT MEAT, SKIP BREAD product over the internet, anyway????

I thought meat was something you buy locally and keep refrigerated???

smk506

Reaction score
Interestingly, the last few I’ve reported didn’t even have links in the text, at least visible ones? What’s the point of posting gibberish if there isn’t even a link?

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
How the hell do they manage to sell an EAT MEAT, SKIP BREAD product over the internet, anyway????

I thought meat was something you buy locally and keep refrigerated???
They aren't selling anything... except your personal information after you click on their links and mine your cookies.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, the last few I’ve reported didn’t even have links in the text, at least visible ones? What’s the point of posting gibberish if there isn’t even a link?
Tracking images.
A null-pixel image that can be used to monitor traffic to a particular page.
I have no clue how it works, but I've seen it on a number of forums.

smk506

Reaction score
Tracking images.
A null-pixel image that can be used to monitor traffic to a particular page.
I have no clue how it works, but I've seen it on a number of forums.
Interesting. Maybe if they don’t get the views they need they’ll fuck off somewhere else.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last night before I went to bed, I killed six of them.

And while I was spam-bannning those six, another sign-up popped up on the member's page.

The name seemed a little odd, so I googled it.

Turned out to be some sort of brand of supplement that is frequently spammed here. Username right in the brand-title of the product.

So they got spam-banned before they had a chance to spam.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Maybe if they don’t get the views they need they’ll fuck off somewhere else.
Do the dipshit call centers stop calling you when you hang up on em a couple times? Hell no....

smk506

Reaction score
Do the dipshit call centers stop calling you when you hang up on em a couple times? Hell no....
I don’t know, I don’t answer my phone at all anymore. :laugh2:

Reactions: ehb

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just answer the phone "State the nature of your emergency" if you don't recognize the number.
If they start the script, repeat with a bit more force.
You aren't answering "Sheriff" so you aren't impersonating.
It's significantly cut down on my spam calls over the last couple of years.

A few years ago, I got a lady that actually started to cry...
"Allo, may I please speak to Leonard?"
"I'm sorry, Leonard took some pills and died, the police would like to talk to the people that sold them"
"Are you serious?"
"Yes, Leonard has been gone for 6 years" <snicker, he retired and I got his phone>
"Oh, I am so sorry"

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just whacked a sign-up named "vibrapill"

Vibra pill.

Gee, he's just full of valuable guitar knowledge. Prolly has 5 50's bursts and a room full of plexis.

I give everybody a chance. -unless they are so blatantly dull as to call themselves "CBDguru23%$90" or "Ketodiet123".

Reactions: ehb

Latest Threads