We're getting spammed again

christopherJ

Reaction score
Too many to report lately! Especially since you have to wait 30 seconds in-between. Would take me all morning...

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are doing the best we can with it, folks.

The admin is receiving these spam threads and using the language within to apply to his spam software to help slow this down.

LP1865

Reaction score
We are doing the best we can with it, folks.

The admin is receiving these spam threads and using the language within to apply to his spam software to help slow this down.
Best of Luck, hope it all works out.
If u need any help from us members, we're right here

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is how the spam prevention software on this board works:

They who have access to the board software take certain proprietary words in the spam text, and apply them as a "no go", blocking the use of those terms.

But one must be careful. Obviously, words like "keto" are a no-brainer. But what about the word "enhancement"? What if someone is writing about enhancements done to their guitar?

To illustrate that point, for some reason one could not write the term "poker chip" together in the same text. The board's previous security software had an issue with both of those words together.

And we all know that poker chip is the term used for the ring around the pup selector switch.

So all we can do is to keep reporting the spam, and we'll keep handling the reports when we log on (I do it first thing as soon as I see one) and we the staff will keep adding language in the spam to the admin list for them to work on.

We get it; the spam is annoying. So simply report the spam, move on, enjoy the rest of the forum. We will do all we can to fight it. Repetitious reporting in this thread doesn't do anything helpful. Reporting the spam using the reporting tools does.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Impossible to block it all... All kinds of trickery possible... Not gonna elaborate though...

Stopping spam at times can take up your entire day depending on site category and how visible it is on the interwebz.... Worse than crap calls on landline phones.... Skwip munkys and a machine can blast that crap like a chain gun... Not even difficult enough to call it AI.

smk506

Reaction score
I liked to have fun with the posts from time since I knew the threads would just get blasted anyway, but being as prevalent as it is, I think the best thing we as the membership can do is simply report, then make a post stating it has been reported.

That gets the job done and might go a long way to keeping the mods inboxes from getting out of hand if they each get a notification every single time the same post gets reported.

I really highly doubt slapping the report button like it owes you money on a post that’s already been reported is going to get any faster results. It’s like an elevator button that way, it only goes as fast as it goes.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mods love getting noti’s... Work that Report button and spank dat @ symbol and tag a mod so they’ll get noti’d specifically... The Vic guy would be a good choice... He loves the attention... I’d say Lotto Dave but I’m looking forward to seeing a couple guitars he’s building... But not Robob, he knows where I stay and lives too close....

:cool2:

smk506

Reaction score
Good point. I report the two or three I see each morning, but don’t mention in the thread that it’s done.

Although, the forum software probably keeps us from posting and reporting until each 30 second timeout.
Mods love getting noti’s... Work that Report button and spank dat @ symbol and tag a mod so they’ll get noti’d specifically... The Vic guy would be a good choice... He loves the attention... I’d say Lotto Dave but I’m looking forward to seeing a couple guitars he’s building... But not Robob, he knows where I stay and lives too close....

:cool2:
Reported.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
And to make life easier on the mods, when you report one, post "reported" in the thread so the mods don't all get 47 emails about one spammer.

Latest Threads