Went to see Tommy Emmanuel last night.

PunkerJon

Reaction score
Tommy is a class act. He makes it such a joy to see him perform for you.

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Frank, when and where? I usually catch him when he plays Cambridge. Is he at the Jazz club again?

No mention anywhere about him performing in Cambridge. I got tickets for his Sept. 17th performance in Foxboro. It was either spend $25 per ticket for the Loge section, or $300 each for the floor...I don't mind an occasional nosebleed, so I opted for cheapo.

Frank

circusboy28

Reaction score
Elk - Tommy wouldn't say what guitar he plays??? Now that is odd.......he's been endorsing Maton acoustics for quite a few years now - he uses his own Signature model Maton so you'd reckon that he wouldn't keep it a secret!!!

I've also seen Tommy play an old blonde Fender Tele live too, I think it's a late '60's whiteguard from the look of it.

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
^^^ I suppose it's possible that he's endorsing Maton, but prefers playing another brand, which would be a good reason for not answering the question.

Splattle101

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He's playing Matons in all of those pics of him that Harpo took.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
AXE Says Thank You to Elk Nation For This Incredibly Tasty Post: :thumb:

I feel a little woozy now.

PunkerJon

Reaction score
The time I saw him he played his Maton for the most part and a black Gibson that looked like an SJ-100.

kspeed

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've listened to his stuff...thanks for the reminder! Truly one of the best there is. I wasn't aware of his heart problems :( Will have to make it out to his next show!

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No mention anywhere about him performing in Cambridge. I got tickets for his Sept. 17th performance in Foxboro. It was either spend $25 per ticket for the Loge section, or $300 each for the floor...I don't mind an occasional nosebleed, so I opted for cheapo.

Frank

WOW! He's got some pricey tickets. I usually pay around $40.00 and can almost shake hands with him during the performances. He is limiting his time with fans after the shows though. He used to stay and see pretty much everyone who wanted to get with him. Touring rigors no doubt. I love this concert:
Tommy Emmanuel Live at Sheldon Concert Hall - by Tommy Emmanuel - 20064DVD | Mel Bay Publications, Inc.

Latest Threads