Well, this happened today...

Fuggle

Reaction score
Had the guitar sitting on the stand up on the church stage when I tripped on the cable. The guitar fell face down hard on the stage. After a quick scream I just sat there, looking at the headstock and thinking, Did this really just happen?? My one and only Gibson, a 2014 Studio Pro. :mad:

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Bummer to the extreme. I play at my church and our band area is very small thus having chords everywhere. So I live in the same fear.
Good luck with the repair. I know it makes you sick to look at it but it will probably go back together nicely based on what I can see. How loud did you scream?? I just get a picture of the service stopping in its tracks.

fleahead

Reaction score
I might add that 3 were from me, and they continued to be my go-to's

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
Condolences...
I know it's too late, but as soon as I stop playing at the end of a set, I step on the tuner, unplug the guitar and drape the cable over the mic stand so I don't have to be searching for the end in the low light. The guitar does go on a stand, but never attached to a cable for just that reason.

Fuggle

Reaction score
How loud did you scream?? I just get a picture of the service stopping in its tracks.
That would have been truly horrifying, but thankfully this happened an hour after the service ended. I was just packing up my gear, and the sad event was only witnessed by a handful of people milling about.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
If that had happened to me, the blue streak of expletives flowing from my mouth would surely have brought a bolt of lightening down upon me.

It's a battle scar. Properly repaired, it'll be good as new/slightly used.

Ask Santa for a wireless unit.

judson

Reaction score
Condolences...
I know it's too late, but as soon as I stop playing at the end of a set, I step on the tuner, unplug the guitar and drape the cable over the mic stand so I don't have to be searching for the end in the low light. The guitar does go on a stand, but never attached to a cable for just that reason.
exactly even in my own house i unplug before sitting in the stand, never leave on a stand plugged in for that exact reason...

OP....unless you have a time machine, it sucks but get some clamps, glue and consider it a battle wound. at least you saw how it happened...story

years back, a 72 flying V leaning flat and secure against a chair in my bedroom, morning i wake up and its flat on its face with the crack wide open looking at me when i woke up......to this day i have no clue how that happened and when i see a thread like this i remember it...only busted neck ever had but you always remember...the image is still in my head from over 20 years ago....V is gone, image isnt..sucks really.

Rds

Reaction score
Man that's too bad. I've never had a guitar get hurt that bad. A scratch here and there. Someone can fix it. I bought a 93 les paul studio on Ebay. Black with gold hrdwr. Turned out to have a neck repair, undisclosed, right below headstock. I could barely feel something at the repair spot. I play that thing all the time. Repair is strong and it stays in good tune. No problem.

EndGame00

Reaction score
I occasionally play at a church band... And as a habit, I remove the jack off the guitar before I put the guitar on the rack... clumsy people, like myself, tend to trip over something... it’s even worse if Im wearing flip flops....