Well ,, here. I go again

meatball

Reaction score
The wife and I started a new diet yesterday Its More cutting back and eating better ,No more Snacking ,no More late night junk .. I have done this gain weight , lose weight thing too much ,, my last visit to the doctor wasn’t a pleasant experience. . I want to get back into my skinny Clothes again .Even My fat clothes have stretch marks on them !
But the Good news is I started on Medicare yesterday , I am officially now retired ,so I have time .. I went for a brisk walk yesterday for an hour,so I plan to Do it again and stay this time . Its a Lifestyle Change actually , not a diet ... anyone else Go thru this Up/down weight thing ? Send advice on what was a healthy snack , what Was a good excersize program for you that. You found successful... I gotta get back into my man thong for the summer !!! Envision that Backstage !

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Medicare! After paying through the nose for decades for self employed health insurance that didn't cover anything to having the girl at the pay window wave at you and tell you to have a nice day is a wonderful thing.

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
Kudos to you! It sounds like you have it figured out :cool: Choosing a healthier lifestyle (and sticking to it) is something that more people should be doing. Me included. I feel that day will be approaching!

As for the "up/down" weight... well... I've only gained it :laugh2: I've put on around 45lbs since 2017... they say that happens once you get married :dunno: It's slowly creeping up, so yeah, that lifestyle change may be happening soon enough!

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well you'd better start with you screen name and change it from "meatball" to "kale". :rofl: :rofl:

I have to do the same and drop a solid 10+ lbs pounds from 2020. I think your plan of just eating less, eating better, no snacks, and exercise is a one. I'm going to do the same shortly.

My wife and I have medicare advantage plans and they are working out well. As we get older I'll switch us to a supplemental plan that costs more but also covers more. For now that's not necessary.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep and Best of luck....

So....Chart or track your food and fluid intake ....it really helps to keep a record, because it shows you if your honest ....and it shows you your fails, and best of all, your successes.

And you will fail at times and you need to allow for this, and don't get discouraged. Just think

A doctor I work with told me that if your hungry you should eat ....you body is telling you it needs fuel ....

Just eat good earth foods.....nothing processed or prepackaged.....That works...

but I'm fat again because I love corn chips....

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a Lifestyle Change actually, not a diet.
^^^^ This ^^^^

Everyone has a diet, the word is really misused a LOT. Good on the two of you for starting this journey. I never had the big ups and downs weight wise. I had slowly made it up to 252 at ~40. Took a couple years to get to the mid 170's. It was HARD. I'm 6'1" and about 185 now but the 10 pound gain was muscle, not fat. It's still hard to stay away from shit food.

My wife loves to tell me that *Food is FUEL, not entertainment*.

Thundermtn

Reaction score
Don't eat to punish yourself, just make a little better choices or less of a good thing.

Exercise early in the morning. Stuff like dog walks, do more work on your yard, start a garden, put out a bunch of keep off the grass signs etc.... Again, not punishing exercise, just projects that let you keep your man card while you're burning some calories. It's something that speeds your metabolism for the rest of the day. Don't finish the day with booze, have a tall ice water, lots of easy small things make a difference.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Remove carbs and sugar from your diet, drink tons of water, and you’ll lose weight like crazy. The key is being consistent.

Regular exercise will speed up the process as well.

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You brain needs carbs to work properly... remember...

PeteK

Reaction score
I've been yo-yo-ing for years with my weight. I'm 6'6 with a large frame and I've been a muscular 240 and a lard ass 370. I'm somewhere in between right now. When I'm in a good groove with weight loss, I go through a ton of eggs. Good protein snack. Also I will grudgingly admit, you can make cauliflower rice taste pretty decent with the right ingredients and spices. I always try to eat way more vegetables than it seems like I should. Green smoothies help with that. Throw it all in a blender with some banana and pineapple and you won't even taste the spinach and kale and chard or whatever else.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Reaction score
Carbs are not bad and virtually impossible to eliminate (veggies have carbs).

As said above ... eliminate the bad carbs ... bread, chips, rice, and the like.

While not perfect riced cauliflower makes a decent enough rice/pasta substitute. Other things like green beans or squashes work too. Just get something that fills you up on the good carbs.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've lost 33bs since Halloween last year, and I have 16lbs more to go, to meet my goal of getting down to 175lbs.

You have to step away from the feed bag. There is no substitute. Stop putting junk in your hole! No exceptions. It's fucking hard - really fucking hard.

Also, I either walk 4 miles/day, or run 2 miles/day. That exercise alone won't do it, either. You must (read: MUST) do resistance exercises, to not only lose the weight, but to keep it off. So, I spend 3 days/week, 45 minutes/day doing weight lifting. Not Arnold weight lifting, just some sensible full body weight workouts.

When the warm weather returns, I'll trade in the runs for cycling. Last fall, most of my weight loss came from cycling 10-15 miles/day, 4 days/week. No impact cardio and fat burn.

But, if you do not change your diet - you are wasting your time. I learned that the hard way.

Good luck! Wishing you a fuck-ton of success!!!

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I love Medicare! After paying through the nose for decades for self employed health insurance that didn't cover anything to having the girl at the pay window wave at you and tell you to have a nice day is a wonderful thing.
I cannot fucking wait. I am tired of paying $1,700/month for healthcare.

This summer for the Mrs & next summer for me.

We'l take a $1,300/month pay raise.

meatball

Reaction score
Yep and Best of luck....

So....Chart or track your food and fluid intake ....it really helps to keep a record, because it shows you if your honest ....and it shows you your fails, and best of all, your successes.

And you will fail at times and you need to allow for this, and don't get discouraged. Just think

A doctor I work with told me that if your hungry you should eat ....you body is telling you it needs fuel ....

Just eat good earth foods.....nothing processed or prepackaged.....That works...

but I'm fat again because I love corn chips....
Corn Chips and Salsa are one of my downfalls !!

meatball

Reaction score
I've lost 33bs since Halloween last year, and I have 16lbs more to go, to meet my goal of getting down to 175lbs.

You have to step away from the feed bag. There is no substitute. Stop putting junk in your hole! No exceptions. It's fucking hard - really fucking hard.

Also, I either walk 4 miles/day, or run 2 miles/day. That exercise alone won't do it, either. You must (read: MUST) do resistance exercises, to not only lose the weight, but to keep it off. So, I spend 3 days/week, 45 minutes/day doing weight lifting. Not Arnold weight lifting, just some sensible full body weight workouts.

When the warm weather returns, I'll trade in the runs for cycling. Last fall, most of my weight loss came from cycling 10-15 miles/day, 4 days/week. No impact cardio and fat burn.

But, if you do not change your diet - you are wasting your time. I learned that the hard way.

Good luck! Wishing you a fuck-ton of success!!!
Steve , I love riding the bike too,, thats how I got rid a shit ton of weight two years ago ,, 2020 killed me physically ,, I walked an hour yesterday and I plan to ride tomorrow ,, I ate cereal for supper last gift and ate a salad for lunch with two tangerines and a whole pink grapefruit ,, Thanks for the motivation ,,, I have a shirt I used to love wearing on stage that I have saved to get back into . That is my goal .. Weight loss slows down at 65 .. just sucks ... I turn 65 next week and I will do my best to beat it ,, I get to join the YMCA soon for free with my Humana insurance ,, I plan to take advantage of that .

meatball

Reaction score
Carbs are not bad and virtually impossible to eliminate (veggies have carbs).

As said above ... eliminate the bad carbs ... bread, chips, rice, and the like.

While not perfect riced cauliflower makes a decent enough rice/pasta substitute. Other things like green beans or squashes work too. Just get something that fills you up on the good carbs.
You ever had Mashed Cauliflower in Place ofPotatoes ,,, Awesome ! I could eat roasted veggies and be happy every day , I will miss rice , pasta, and bread a bunch .. the old adage that if its a white food , its heavy in calories is true . I will back up on potatoes too,, I love a good loaded baked potato at the steak house ..

meatball

Reaction score
I've been yo-yo-ing for years with my weight. I'm 6'6 with a large frame and I've been a muscular 240 and a lard ass 370. I'm somewhere in between right now. When I'm in a good groove with weight loss, I go through a ton of eggs. Good protein snack. Also I will grudgingly admit, you can make cauliflower rice taste pretty decent with the right ingredients and spices. I always try to eat way more vegetables than it seems like I should. Green smoothies help with that. Throw it all in a blender with some banana and pineapple and you won't even taste the spinach and kale and chard or whatever else.
My wife. Makes a smoothie for breakfast that is just what you are talking about ,, iShe adds cayenne pepper to it to to add to the burning of fat too ..

Latest Threads