Well Good. BOnd will STAY male

meatball

Reaction score
Whats wrong with eye candy? Aren't women allowed to be pretty anymore? Craig is portrayed as eye candy, why not the chicks too? World needs to lighten the F up. :)
I can get my wife to see 007 Movies because Daniel Craig is eye candy to her ! So it works both ways folks ... Heck I wish I looked like that guy ,, you ever see his wife ,,,, whoa !!! He can pull the babes without being James Bond

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Katie Hopkins nails it:

Yep. Very much so...... She probably made the sexist/racist/whateverist lists for all time with that however, and some may have had to be hospitalized watching her vid...

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i love her.
So do I.

There are things that are so obvious....so absurd and yet somehow reason has been painted into a corner. If you dare speak out you're instantly labelled as racist, misogynist, "insert-whatever"phobic.

Sometimes I think people do shit just to bait reasonable people into that quagmire....or to be seen as so progressive and clever. Guess what....it's not clever. I just did a re-record for a voiceover ....they cast a woman to play Scrooge in a production of Christmas Carol. WHY? What's next...a version of Romeo and Juliet where Romeo is the cucked guy hanging from the balcony while Juliet kills Tybalt? There's a reason classics are classic. I can suspend disbelief to a point but when it's over the top just for some SJW's revision of history and reality I say enough!

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think this quote by the Producer is spot on

""Bond is male. He’s a male character. He was written as a male and I think he’ll probably stay as a male. And that’s fine. We don’t have to turn male characters into women. Let’s just create more female characters and make the story fit those female characters," Broccoli said."

Unfortunately, for those that WANT to changge existing charecters, it is all about power, and erasing the past.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any opportunity to advance their chosen crusade...

Anyone contrary gets a huge red stamp on their forehead...

Movies are plain just gonna suck ass down the road....

James Bond, by the year 2025, will be a blind deaf albino half chinese/half canadian/half iranian dwarf female with leg braces that won a gillion dollars against the Olympics because she tried out thirty-seven times for the Biathlon team and didn't make it so she sued and won. She said she was discriminated against because she need someone to ski for her because she didn't know how to ski and someone to shoot for her because she hated guns and also because she didn't like cold weather so she'd stay in the hotel room where it was warm.... So naturally she won.....

Soooooooo, she deserves to be Bond because it will be such a natural fit....

Ed B

Reaction score
Unfortunately, for those that WANT to changge existing charecters, it is all about power, and erasing the past.

giphy.gif

I have to say Cyber, I thought of you the second I saw this......

redcoats1976

Reaction score
Show is corny. Not that the original Magnum wasn't, but I liked Tom. The new Higgins is hot as shit, though.
but...no OMG magnum,no sense of humor.all they did on the first episode was destroy cars.will bust out the old DVDs instead of watching the new show.

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
but...no OMG magnum,no sense of humor.all they did on the first episode was destroy cars.will bust out the old DVDs instead of watching the new show.
They should not have done a remake of True Grit. I finally broke down and watched it a few months ago. It was awful. I won't make the same mistake with Magnum PC.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They should not have done a remake of True Grit. I finally broke down and watched it a few months ago. It was awful. I won't make the same mistake with Magnum PC.
All I can say about the TG reboot is Damon was better than Cambell. But the lost the 'character' that was Rooster Cogburn.

Sconnie

Reaction score
Some people say they made the only real Bond in '58 and everything since then has just been a copy.

(Sound familiar? ...pretty lucky how that lined up eh? haha)

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Only a bigot would differentiate between cisgender and transgender

You mean like between a "cis pack" and a "trans pack"?
:dunno:

Let me look that up.

cis·gen·der
sisˈjendər/
adjective
adjective: cisgender; adjective: cis-gender; adjective: cisgendered; adjective: cis-gendered
  1. denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender corresponds with their birth sex.
    "this newfound attention to the plight of black trans folks by primarily cisgender allies is timely and necessary"
The first line I get. Although the image below really confuses it.

poyrdc7z4nnz.png

The second line was "Chinese to me". I wrote the last three words in Chinese
but I just learned that Chinese characters are banned from MLP!
But after reading it slowly a number of times, I almost get it.
But it's not a sentence I would be hearing in a normal conversation.
Oh wait!
Did I say "normal".
I am so sorry for my rudeness.
I should go to some kind of training camp and learn to talk again.

3aa8103508815b7895481cb386b64cf3.jpg

Last edited:

markbastable

Strange kind of blues-coloured moon
Reaction score
In other completely pointless assertions quashing ideas that nobody had proposed in the first place but which might get you on the front page of the not-too-bright papers...

Father Christmas to stay male.
Mother Nature to stay female.
Incredible Hulk to stay green.
Donald Duck to stay a duck.
Marley's ghost to stay dead.

Thing is about fictional characters - and indeed about entire pieces of literature - it doesn't matter what you do to them, how you interpret them, what new twists you come up with because you're not in anyway damaging the original or doing something irrevocable to the text.

So, sure - have a shot at an all-male Romeo and Juliet. Produce a Magnificent Seven set in Hoboken. Animate Citizen Kane and make all the characters My Little Ponies. Some people will like it, and some won't, and that's fine.

Incidentally, I think that the female Dr Who works great - because she's a good actress playing a well-written part. But if you don't like it - having watched a few episodes - then don't watch anymore. But don't say it shouldn't have been done.

While we're on this subject, can I point you at this...

https://www.twistedthread.org/amidthealiencorn

"Are we totally committed to the raven? It's kind of a downer..."

605e64_a29710dfc4e641108348c0861496415b~mv2.webp

Latest Threads