Weird tuning issues with my new LP Classic?

The mozz

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new Gibson Les Paul Classic, it's a lovely beast but it does have the weird habit of most/sometimes all of the strings being tuned too high after I leave it a day or two or after heavy practice...seems a bit odd plugging it into a digital tuner and seeing the strings pitched too high, usually they need tuning upwards in pitch I've never before had to tune down? Ofcourse tuning down causes additional problems and takes a while for the strings to stretch into their new position and hold tune.

I'm at a complete loss as to how this can physically happen? Any advise would be gratefully appreciated!!

M

axepilot

Reaction score
It's wood. It contracts and expands based on the environment. It's not a problem.

As for having problems tuning down, you shouldn't if you run the string below the note and tune UP to the note. Always tune UP.

DonP

Reaction score
It's wood. It contracts and expands based on the environment. It's not a problem.

As for having problems tuning down, you shouldn't if you run the string below the note and tune UP to the note. Always tune UP.

+1 Get used to it. All my Gibsons go up in the spring and down in the fall.

My quarter sawn Jacksons and Charvels are rock solid.

But it's the price you pay for for the TONE.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
If you're worried about presssure just tune half a tone down before you put it away.

Latest Threads