WEIRD Reverb seller

evlwevl

Reaction score
I’m going to low ball and tire kick. If I wanted new, I’d go to GC and do it there

archey

Reaction score
I got a message about a Brazilian fretboard I'm selling. And I quote, "Are you friggin kidding me? What a Tall Tail."

What's weird is there wasn't even a tail in any of the pictures.

fry

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I just pulled an Ebay amp listing to get some guy to leave me the f alone. He kept messaging me with questions, I swear he asked the same things multiple times. In between, there were lowball offers that kept going up, but not up enough. I already had the best price, and told him I wasn't accepting offers. Last night and this morning two more pointless questions, then another low offer. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH! I finally pulled the damn thing to escape this guy. I wasn't getting anywhere anyway, going to keep it on Craigslist so I don't have to ship it.

John Dewey

Reaction score
I just pulled an Ebay amp listing to get some guy to leave me the f alone. He kept messaging me with questions, I swear he asked the same things multiple times. In between, there were lowball offers that kept going up, but not up enough. I already had the best price, and told him I wasn't accepting offers. Last night and this morning two more pointless questions, then another low offer. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH! I finally pulled the damn thing to escape this guy. I wasn't getting anywhere anyway, going to keep it on Craigslist so I don't have to ship it.
Wow. CL imo isn't a whole lot better. I had a guy ask me to bring my guitars to his house so he could try them. He said he didn't have any money that he had always wanted to play a Les Paul.

fry

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. CL imo isn't a whole lot better. I had a guy ask me to bring my guitars to his house so he could try them. He said he didn't have any money that he had always wanted to play a Les Paul.
Around here, I swear, no Craigslist lurkers have any money. Buncha bums, always wanting to trade. I've lucked out a couple times on a good trade, but usually they are offering something I'm not at all interested in.

John Dewey

Reaction score
I've had the same experience. I live near the Canadian border and I get emails from people asking me to cross the border with the guitar. It happens all the time. I live in Washington. I just sold a guitar on CL to a guy in Colorado. The transaction went well. He paid me. I shipped the guitar. Done.

MrYeats

Reaction score
It's the intrigue that we as buyers face. It could be a great deal, and I could "steal " this great amp for a great price, or is it a dud? Same thing happens when you put a coin in a slot machine or buy a scratch ticket....If it were me, I'd find one for a price I was willing to pay.

nicholas322

Reaction score
You already knew the world is full of assholes. Just move on and look at Quilter.

Geronimo

Reaction score
Some people are not born sales people...they feel they should post a pic, vague description and expect buyers to pound at their doors with fist fulls of cash demanding to buy their wears.
I went on Reverb looking to buy an amp for my son. Saw one I thought that my son would like. It was non-returnable. The seller provided only one pic of the amp and very little info. Given the combo of those facts, I asked a few questions--has the amp ever been repaired, are you the original owner, etc.

The seller sent a reply- are you a buyer or a questioner?

That was sorta unbelievable but gave him the benefit of the doubt. I replied that I was trying to decide between his amp and a few others and apologized for my questions. But I indicated the answers would help me with my quest. I also said that I will move on if he thinks it is best. His reply- move on.

48hrs later I am still shaking my head. Guess I touched a raw spot somehow.
Dont give it another thought. I have an Orange cab on Craigslist. Just tonight One person sent me several emails today with multiple questions. He tried to low ball me and I said my price was firm. The cab is in excellent condition along with the cover. He was saving around $120 from buying a new one. So we agreed to meet at a location half way from each other. Around a 30 minute drive. He’s informed my price is firm remember. So I get there tonight around 8:30. Take the cab out. It’s dark so I told him to turn his lights on and examine it. First thing he does is put the cover over his head. He wanted to see if it smelled like smoke or cat piss. I told him I don’t smoke and there’s no smoking in Ohio venues, and I don’t have a cat. He said “Oh they smoke in the places I play in PA!” So I’m thinking “then why do you care if it smells like smoke?” But I bit my tongue. This cab looks like new mind you.
So he turns it over to see the bottom, which even I’ve never seen. We all know Orange cabs have wooden strips on their bottoms. They were scuffed. Well it sits on the floor and a sharpie will make it black again and I told him that. He is reply was “I’m not buying it to fix it” , and he proceeded to offer me $20.00 less for my cab, and this is After I rejected his original offer, told him my price was firm and agreeing to meet him at a location he chose 30 minutes from my home. I told him AGAIN my price was firm. He said “Do you mean you’re going to walk for $20.00?” I said “No. I’m going to drive “. I put my beautiful cab back in my car and left him standing there with his mouth agape. My wife came with me for the ride and we had a good laugh all the way home. You gotta be prepared for idiots when you’re selling or buying. Maybe I was being petty about the $20 break but I’d rather never sell it than let that guy have it.

Move on - you ask, seller proved he doesnt need your money - so stop demanding they take it. Reverb is nothing more than the musical instruments section of craigslist/ebay in many ways. Sure it has some great sellers and can be home to some great deals - but still just as many weirdos and less than honest sellers. Deal with those you trust and avoid buying from unknown parties (no matter how good the deal) unless your prepared to deal with the risk and the hassles.

guitar_randy

Reaction score
I went on Reverb looking to buy an amp for my son. Saw one I thought that my son would like. It was non-returnable. The seller provided only one pic of the amp and very little info. Given the combo of those facts, I asked a few questions--has the amp ever been repaired, are you the original owner, etc.

The seller sent a reply- are you a buyer or a questioner?

That was sorta unbelievable but gave him the benefit of the doubt. I replied that I was trying to decide between his amp and a few others and apologized for my questions. But I indicated the answers would help me with my quest. I also said that I will move on if he thinks it is best. His reply- move on.

48hrs later I am still shaking my head. Guess I touched a raw spot somehow.
A questioner. lol
Is he a seller or a nonanswerer?