WEIRD Reverb seller

frozenotter

?
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never buy from people like that, as you probably already know. He reminds me of the guy that has been sitting on his LP Custom Pelham on eBay for a few years now - just a total ...Richard. :iough:

fry

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I've sold a ton of stuff online. My simple rule is that the photos and description tell the whole story and answer every imaginable question before they ask. Doesn't always work, but it does keep the dumb questions to a minimum.

SlyStrat

Reaction score
I've sold hundreds of guitars and amps on eBay, Reverb, and forums. Bought some too.
After a while I learned who to deal with or not. I could tell just by the way someone communicated with me. A red flag would get a total block from me. I didnt want to deal with a-holes or nut cases.
I wouldnt have thought about trying to buy that amp just based on his crappy listing.

Chuck M

Reaction score
You post this telling everybody about a nasty seller and possible scam. I don't get why you can't give us the link. You're protecting and helping the bad seller. That's wrong! Appreciate the warning, but with no help to us? Then don't post it!!!

Jeremiah

The Worst
Premium Member
Reaction score
it isn't a warning, though is it. It is a "Weird shit happened to me" thread. Not defending OP, I think he should help out the community and post the link, if I was fired up enough to post this I would, but that is just me.

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
I went on Reverb looking to buy an amp for my son. Saw one I thought that my son would like. It was non-returnable. The seller provided only one pic of the amp and very little info. Given the combo of those facts, I asked a few questions--has the amp ever been repaired, are you the original owner, etc.

The seller sent a reply- are you a buyer or a questioner?

That was sorta unbelievable but gave him the benefit of the doubt. I replied that I was trying to decide between his amp and a few others and apologized for my questions. But I indicated the answers would help me with my quest. I also said that I will move on if he thinks it is best. His reply- move on.

48hrs later I am still shaking my head. Guess I touched a raw spot somehow.
Narrow escape.
Good result for you.
:)

BanditPanda

Reaction score
I went on Reverb looking to buy an amp for my son. Saw one I thought that my son would like. It was non-returnable. The seller provided only one pic of the amp and very little info. Given the combo of those facts, I asked a few questions--has the amp ever been repaired, are you the original owner, etc.

That was sorta unbelievable but gave him the benefit of the doubt. I replied that I was trying to decide between his amp and a few others and apologized for my questions. But I indicated the answers would help me with my quest. I also said that I will move on if he thinks it is best. His reply- move on.

I use Revrb a lot. No problems as of yet. Knock On Wood.
Was the item listed as " This item is sold "As-Is" ?
Why would you even go there if so?
BP

ballou48

Reaction score

I usually don't buy used amps online, especially from a site with no or limited feedback. I hate paying EBay fees but the Feedback function does afford me some extra security. If I'm looking at anything online with a no-return policy, I don't even consider it. Also I don't trust the shipping companies handling of amps. Unless you're looking for some kind of boutique amp, you can usually find a pretty decent selection locally. And you also get to play it. I other words, this guy's a dick, move on.

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
If you take good pictures and write good copy there are no need for questions. They mostly come from people with no money anyway.

Zeegler

Reaction score
I had a guitar up for sale, asking $2000 or best offer. Dumbass sends me a message:

"I don't make offers. What's your best price?"

Me: That's not how this works. I am asking $2000. If you don't want to pay that, it's your responsibility to make an offer.

I think in future I'm just going to state that my asking price is FIRM.

Oh and for the record, we Canadians spell things with a U correctly like colour, ardour, armour, etc. :)

Mosster47

Reaction score
I get where he is coming from a little. I've sold around a hundred guitars online. I've sold zero to someone who has the first question; "What's the weight?"

That's the official tire kicker question in the online guitar selling world. A few times I've responded, "Whatever you want it to weigh." They aren't buying it so it doesn't matter.

irocdave12

Reaction score
WEIRD MLP User...sucks us all in with this great story and then won't give us the link to see this fine amplifer. Starting to think this might be a work of fiction Jk but seriously give up the LINK LINK LINK. Or at least tell us which amp it is and I'll go find his ass for the boys to play with