WEIRD Reverb seller

dissaffected

Reaction score
I went on Reverb looking to buy an amp for my son. Saw one I thought that my son would like. It was non-returnable. The seller provided only one pic of the amp and very little info. Given the combo of those facts, I asked a few questions--has the amp ever been repaired, are you the original owner, etc.

The seller sent a reply- are you a buyer or a questioner?

That was sorta unbelievable but gave him the benefit of the doubt. I replied that I was trying to decide between his amp and a few others and apologized for my questions. But I indicated the answers would help me with my quest. I also said that I will move on if he thinks it is best. His reply- move on.

48hrs later I am still shaking my head. Guess I touched a raw spot somehow.

Attachments

toymaker

Reaction score
Some people are not born sales people...they feel they should post a pic, vague description and expect buyers to pound at their doors with fist fulls of cash demanding to buy their wears.

Move on - you ask, seller proved he doesnt need your money - so stop demanding they take it. Reverb is nothing more than the musical instruments section of craigslist/ebay in many ways. Sure it has some great sellers and can be home to some great deals - but still just as many weirdos and less than honest sellers. Deal with those you trust and avoid buying from unknown parties (no matter how good the deal) unless your prepared to deal with the risk and the hassles.

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was hard not sending a snarky rebuttal when the move on message came back.
But it was best not to. Why bother getting into an online tussle with some guy you don't know and will most likely never interact with again? Not worth the time or hassle.

A couple of weeks ago, some guy left me a message on my voicemail about how I called him and I wasn't "man enough" to leave a message and finished with "have a nice day." One thing I do know is that if I see a number come up on my phone that has the same exchange as my own number, I don't answer it because it is ALWAYS spam so I figure that some telemarketer spoofed my number and called the guy. I considered calling him back and explaining that to him but... meh... Why bother? I don't know the guy and will most likely never hear from him again. Maye he just had a shitty day and needed to blow off some steam or whatever so I just deleted his message and moved on.

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got one you can buy.
It's loud ,but not too loud
It's big, but not that big
It's a certain color
The make of it is well known
Good wattage

If i have to answer any other questions please move on. Its a good dead. Kinda

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
But it was best not to. Why bother getting into an online tussle with some guy you don't know and will most likely never interact with again? Not worth the time or hassle.

A couple of weeks ago, some guy left me a message on my voicemail about how I called him and I wasn't "man enough" to leave a message and finished with "have a nice day." One thing I do know is that if I see a number come up on my phone that has the same exchange as my own number, I don't answer it because it is ALWAYS spam so I figure that some telemarketer spoofed my number and called the guy. I considered calling him back and explaining that to him but... meh... Why bother? I don't know the guy and will most likely never hear from him again. Maye he just had a shitty day and needed to blow off some steam or whatever so I just deleted his message and moved on.
Same thing happened to me except the bitch started telling me not to play on her phone. Felt like a chappelle bit