Weird Guitars

lexluthier

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A guy I know has a Gittler, it doesn't get much more weird than that. Kind of strange to play too, since there really is no neck, just a big rod down the back where the fret rods are attached to. No thumb wrapping allowed! The one I played didn't sound very good.

DRF

Reaction score
I love different designs and materials...carbongraphite,stainless steel frets,headless,ergonomics etc. Tueffel,Steinberger,Bolin, on and on. Its all good if done right and if they look high class,high tech.

TOMMYTHUNDERS

Reaction score
shtdaprdtr and shithead:
great jokes. i was hoping for more penis jokes, thanks for picking up the slack guys.

kspeed

Reaction score
^ Didn't (the late) Corey play that in a backstage post?

EtriX

Reaction score
If you want weird guitars check out vai.com. He's had some funny shapes.

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score

Made out of plywood too. Yuck
The Masonite tops and mystery wood frames (I've seen modern Danos described as having plywood frames, but at least one website says the old Danos had alder frames, and the May 2008 issue of the Brit mag Guitarist says both the old Danos and the above Dano '63 use a poplar frame), in combination with the lipstick pickups, contribute to their unique sound though.

Some people don't find their construction a hindrance at all.

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
Here's a few more of my somewhat atypical guitars (at least none are typical Fender or Gibson designs):

Schecter Tempest Special:

Brownsville Choirboy:

Epiphone WildKat:

cynic79

Reaction score
I've always wanted a Burns Steer.

And DiPinto makes some really excellent looking instruments.

Deftone

Reaction score
I've owned three V's and three Explorers of various makes. I like different looking guitars, if you can call those different.

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
I always liked that Brownsville guitar. One of several guitars that I was too poor to afford during their late 90's-early 00's heyday.
Thanks, that'un was a real sleeper. I'll admit I was suspicious of the Dano-type construction. The pickups are low-output alnico magnet single coils, with the middle one reverse-wound/reverse-polarity for hum-cancelling in the 2 and 4 positions.

I picked it up for a Benjamin even, in a local pawn a couple years ago. Have gigged it dead stock several times, both in my rock bands and in church.

Latest Threads