Weird Buzzing

LP1865

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
Picked up some weird buzzing issues on my guitar. Its there while playing, but eventually stops. Any help would be appreciated.
I cant seem to upload the audio file. Lemme see if I can Google Drive link it

Lungo

Reaction score
Let us know what kind of guitar and if it has had any modifications. Also details of the signal chain.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It could be a lot of things, we'll need to know the guitar, cables, pedals, amp, the whole signal chain.

You should really get rid of everything except guitar to amp, and try to isolate it to either the guitar or amp side. Do you have more than one guitar and more than one amp? Then you can swap one or the other to isolate the problem. I'm going to guess a tube right now, but it could be a few things.

LP1865

Reaction score
Let us know what kind of guitar and if it has had any modifications. Also details of the signal chain.
Epiphone Les Paul with Tonerider Rocksong pickups. Rewired by me last mont.
Signal Chain:- Guitar->Cable->Behringer Audio Interface->Garageband Pedalboard->Ignite Emissary->NadIR with V30 IRs->Earphones

LP1865

Reaction score
You should really get rid of everything except guitar to amp, and try to isolate it to either the guitar or amp side. Do you have more than one guitar and more than one amp? Then you can swap one or the other to isolate the problem. I'm going to guess a tube right now, but it could be a few things.
I have a solid state Roland Cube 10GX. i'll hook up my guitar to that and see if the buzz persists.

Lungo

Reaction score
You’re on the right path. Process of elimination. Try your guitar in a different amp, and try a different guitar through the interface.

LP1865

Reaction score
You’re on the right path. Process of elimination. Try your guitar in a different amp, and try a different guitar through the interface.
Tried it with my ss amp. The buzz is there all right. I'll remove the ground wire today and check once again. I hope it's the problem

Lungo

Reaction score
Tried it with my ss amp. The buzz is there all right. I'll remove the ground wire today and check once again. I hope it's the problem
You have a cold solder joint or something isn’t grounded properly. That’s my guess. Do you have a meter you can check continuity with?

LP1865

Reaction score
You have a cold solder joint or something isn’t grounded properly. That’s my guess. Do you have a meter you can check continuity with?
Nope. if buzzing persists after I remove that extra ground wire i added, I'll have to check for cold joints

ARandall

Reaction score
Ground loops in passive low voltage circuits like guitar wiring are pretty much a non-issue. You tend to have them with thigs like pedal power supplies and amps.

Buzzing is usually either a poor connection meaning your ground is incomplete, or you have interference from either lighting or other mains AC sources. The later can be improved with cavity shielding and replacing the long runs of wire with shielded cable.

Latest Threads