weight relief on the LP classic?

theycallmegio

Reaction score
I noticed on gibbo's website that the LP classic has the 'traditional' weight relief (swiss cheese style).

Is this the only model with traditional weight relief, or are they all going back to this?

Also, am I the only one that thinks it's redundant to have a 'classic' as well as a 'traditional'. Sounds like the same thing to me.

I really wish they would have kept the standard 'standard'. How the standard doesn't have nibs but the trad does is beyond me. They should have never started ****ing with the standard, they should have kept it the way it's supposed to be. Let gibson have a ball with the mini tune, coil splits, nibless necks, etc on other goofy models and leave the goddamn standard alone.

DiBiaso

Reaction score
I noticed on gibbo's website that the LP classic has the 'traditional' weight relief (swiss cheese style).

Is this the only model with traditional weight relief, or are they all going back to this?

Also, am I the only one that thinks it's redundant to have a 'classic' as well as a 'traditional'. Sounds like the same thing to me.

I really wish they would have kept the standard 'standard'. How the standard doesn't have nibs but the trad does is beyond me. They should have never started ****ing with the standard, they should have kept it the way it's supposed to be. Let gibson have a ball with the mini tune, coil splits, nibless necks, etc on other goofy models and leave the goddamn standard alone.

absolutely. as i am learning more and more about these guitars, it seems to me as if the "traditional" should actually be the "standard" and the current "standard" should be named something else, like the "standard deluxe," or "standard pro"?

theycallmegio

Reaction score
absolutely. as i am learning more and more about these guitars, it seems to me as if the "traditional" should actually be the "standard" and the current "standard" should be named something else, like the "standard deluxe," or "standard pro"?

yup, I wish this is what they would have done.

I'm not opposed to all that extra stuff, mini tune and all that, I just don't need all that extra horsheshit on my LP standard.

DiBiaso

Reaction score
Don't give Gibson any ideas..

and the upcoming "standard pros" will all have three piece bodies. because it increases sustain. but it is also extremely difficult and costly to manufacture a perfect three piece body, so there will be a modest increase in price.

a month on this forum, and i'm catching on quickly, huh? :naughty:

Gyroman

Reaction score

I suppose that as technology advances, what was once considered 'Standard' becomes outdated. Would it help to suggest that you think of 'Standard' as 'Current Standard', 'Traditional' as 'Traditional Standard' etc.?:laugh2:

theycallmegio

Reaction score
they can call the standard a 'Classic Pro Player Traditional Tribute Anniversary Standard'

they'll probably change that, too. I suppose there's hope for a reissue of the classic pro player traditional tribute anni

DiBiaso

Reaction score
they can call the standard a 'Classic Pro Player Traditional Tribute Anniversary Standard'

they'll probably change that, too. I suppose there's hope for a reissue of the classic pro player traditional tribute anni

my head hurts :O

gpschmidt

Reaction score
Anymore it's just easier to submerge yourself into all the features, pick what you want and see which model fits best. If it helps, pick up a "Standard" truss rod cover, and viola!, you have a LP Standard. You bellied up to the bar and paid the entrance fee, as far as I'm concerned you can call it anything you want.

theycallmegio

Reaction score
Anymore it's just easier to submerge yourself into all the features, pick what you want and see which model fits best. If it helps, pick up a "Standard" truss rod cover, and viola!, you have a LP Standard. You bellied up to the bar and paid the entrance fee, as far as I'm concerned you can call it anything you want.

interestingly enough, my standard has a blank TRC

rikko

Reaction score
Can't wait for the
New Standard Custom Traditional Studio Deluxe II Pro Signature Tribute with modern traditional weight relief and BBQ MAPLE fret board
because
rikko LOOOOVES HIM some BBQ MAPLE...MMM-HMMM!!!
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

tzd

Reaction score
and the upcoming "standard pros" will all have three piece bodies. because it increases sustain. but it is also extremely difficult and costly to manufacture a perfect three piece body, so there will be a modest increase in price.

a month on this forum, and i'm catching on quickly, huh? :naughty:

The three piece body is a huge undertaking at the plant, but they decided to do it because it will provide exceptional balance and uncompromising rigidity, delivering unparalleled value far exceeding the $400 increase in price for that feature.

Tanqueray

Reaction score
Gibson's naming conventions confused the hell out of me when I first got into the Les Paul game. Their website is no help either. It's almost as if they're intentionally trying to sow confusion in their customer base.

If a guitar says "Standard" I should be able to figure out what it is, and what should be in it regardless of the year it's made. But that's not how Gibson rolls. If I get a Standard made in 1999, it's not even going to be close to one I get that's made in 2009 or 2014. That's just stupid.

theycallmegio

Reaction score
If a guitar says "Standard" I should be able to figure out what it is, and what should be in it regardless of the year it's made. But that's not how Gibson rolls. If I get a Standard made in 1999, it's not even going to be close to one I get that's made in 2009 or 2014. That's just stupid.

Couldn't agree more.

Latest Threads