weed and Covid-19

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Willie Nelson, and Tommy Chong say whats up.
I had no idea who either of them are so I went to wikipedia.

Willie Nelson:

While swimming in Hawaii in 1981, Nelson's lung collapsed. He was taken to the Maui Memorial Hospital and his scheduled concerts were canceled.[175] Nelson temporarily stopped smoking cigarettes each time his lungs became congested, and resumed when the congestion ended.[176] He was then smoking between two and three packs per day. After suffering from pneumonia several times, he decided to quit either marijuana or tobacco. He chose to quit tobacco.[177] In 2008, he started to smoke marijuana with a carbon-free system to avoid the effects of smoke.[178] In 2012 he canceled a fund-raising appearance in the Denver area. He suffered from breathing problems due to high altitude and emphysema and was taken to a local hospital. His publicist Elaine Schock confirmed soon after that Nelson's health was good and that he was heading to his next scheduled concert in Dallas, Texas.[181] After repeated instances of pneumonia and emphysema through the years, Nelson underwent stem-cell therapy in 2015 to improve the state of his lungs

Yep sounds healthy to me.

Tommy Chong

hong announced on June 9, 2012, that he is battling prostate cancer. He described the cancer "as a slow stage one [that I've] had for a long time." He said that he had been drug-free for about three years, during which time he began having prostate-related problems.[35] On July 15, 2012, Chong tweeted that the hemp oil treatment he'd been using to cure his cancer was effective and that he is "99% cancer free."[36] However, on June 16, 2015, Chong stated that he had been diagnosed with colorectal cancer and was "using cannabis like crazy" in order to endure the treatment.[37]

Another example of a person in excellent health!

:hmm:

ps: i'm not against the sporadic use of cannabis, I even smoke it myself maybe once a year, but the never ending attempts to make cannabis into some kind of wonder drug are getting really tiresome. All those millions $$$ wasted on pointless research and experiements could have been used in other fields to find actual cures.

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
but the never ending attempts to make cannabis into some kind of wonder drug are getting really tiresome.
It does give hope to those that like to stay stoned

rogue3

Reaction score
I opened this thinking someone was complaining about how high their weed bill was since they have been locked in for 3 months, under the direction of a female warden, that is constantly have them re-work, sand, scrape, paint, fix, repair, dig, plant, clean everything on the the whole Hacienda.....

oh wait.......never-mind.
yes.when you own a property,there is always work to be done.and costs.get on with it.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
For every one Keith, there are hundreds of Brian Jones, Amy Winehouse or Jim Morrison's.
We watched Jim Morrison self-destruct in front of us. He was not long for this world.
HIs family did not even know what he was doing until one of them noticed a album.
He was estranged from his family but I don't know the story why.

Thank goodness most of the Canadiens have made it through.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
I had no idea who either of them are so I went to wikipedia.

Willie Nelson:

While swimming in Hawaii in 1981, Nelson's lung collapsed. He was taken to the Maui Memorial Hospital and his scheduled concerts were canceled.[175] Nelson temporarily stopped smoking cigarettes each time his lungs became congested, and resumed when the congestion ended.[176] He was then smoking between two and three packs per day. After suffering from pneumonia several times, he decided to quit either marijuana or tobacco. He chose to quit tobacco.[177] In 2008, he started to smoke marijuana with a carbon-free system to avoid the effects of smoke.[178] In 2012 he canceled a fund-raising appearance in the Denver area. He suffered from breathing problems due to high altitude and emphysema and was taken to a local hospital. His publicist Elaine Schock confirmed soon after that Nelson's health was good and that he was heading to his next scheduled concert in Dallas, Texas.[181] After repeated instances of pneumonia and emphysema through the years, Nelson underwent stem-cell therapy in 2015 to improve the state of his lungs

Yep sounds healthy to me.

Tommy Chong

hong announced on June 9, 2012, that he is battling prostate cancer. He described the cancer "as a slow stage one [that I've] had for a long time." He said that he had been drug-free for about three years, during which time he began having prostate-related problems.[35] On July 15, 2012, Chong tweeted that the hemp oil treatment he'd been using to cure his cancer was effective and that he is "99% cancer free."[36] However, on June 16, 2015, Chong stated that he had been diagnosed with colorectal cancer and was "using cannabis like crazy" in order to endure the treatment.[37]

Another example of a person in excellent health!

:hmm:

ps: i'm not against the sporadic use of cannabis, I even smoke it myself maybe once a year, but the never ending attempts to make cannabis into some kind of wonder drug are getting really tiresome. All those millions $$$ wasted on pointless research and experiements could have been used in other fields to find actual cures.
I believe there is only one Government sanction treatment with CBD Oil. It is for a very rare
Neurological condition and it works.

Now for hearsay, I spoke with a man who's daughter had 3-4 seizures a day. Once she started
using the CBD oil her seizures, so he said, were down to 2- 3 a week. He was very thankful.

I know a very practical nurse who uses it for her neurological disorder. She has had good
results. She has to use CBD oil with NO active THC; she can't have a drug test come back
positive with THC.

More real research needs to be done. Mother Nature has given this world a lot of gifts. They
just need to be sorted out.

I do think, though, most of the alleged cures with Pot and CBD oil are the Placebo Effect.

Latest Threads