We need a revolution in this country. It's out of control.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
This is just bullsh*t virtue signalling. Goldman only does big IPOs. All of those companies have big boards with women and minorities. If you look back over the IPOs they have done over the past 10 years, I bet all of them had at least one woman and one minority on their BODs.

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I fear that the gap is far too wide to ever close. Both sides are hunkering down, doubling down and breeding more hatred for the other side.

I don't know what appalls me more, this forced inclusion for everything (the 21st Century version of Affirmative Action on crack), or the madness around hating everyone who isn't "like me".

Holy shit.

MSB

Reaction score
my company and I identify as diverse, so we're not worried

but if we have to have a woman, I nominate
1579891560381.png

Hamtone

Reaction score
Starting in Virginia? :)

It wont be necessary, plan Z will not need to happen. Things will turn just give it a couple years, the idea that "normal" people are the minority, is actually a lie. The vast majority of people have good sense, we've just been in a cycle of the loudest people telling us we're the minority. It's going to change

And as Deftone said, its just nonsense virtue signalling crap, lip service.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I guess a revolution would work while I wait for the asteroid.
You know, one might think I would "just let it go". I really don't care any longer.

I gave up believing that my grandchildren would have a decent world to live in; they will not. I gave up believing that we will not kill ourselves (the planet won't die, we will) with pollution; we will. I gave up believing that we actually give a shit about anything that doesn't affect us, individually; we do not.

So, I joined it... I am financially able to not give a fuck, so I do not. I'm taking the John Lennon approach...

I'm just sitting back watching the wheels go round & round. I'm out.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The vast majority of people have good sense, we've just been in a cycle of the loudest people telling us we're the minority. It's going to change

I used to believe that, but 2016 really changed my mind... we are all polarized assholes. The reasonable people in the middle are long gone, or their numbers are so low, it's a statistical blip.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
I used to believe that, but 2016 really changed my mind... we are all polarized assholes. The reasonable people in the middle are long gone, or their numbers are so low, it's a statistical blip.
Think about why that changed in that time-frame, and it will start to make sense. Like the old saying...it takes two to tango.

Skeletor

Reaction score
I think there are a bunch of us in the middle but... silent majority, we have given up and caved in to the yelling, screaming and BS from both sides. Just hunker down, keep my mouth shut and try to survive

Hamtone

Reaction score
From my perspective its not side vs side, at least not in the way you framed it. There's all of us who just want to do our thing and be left alone and then there is the side who wants to be in every facet of our lives and bludgeon us over the head that we're terrible because we dont like it.

So it's not really ( from my perspective) a liberal v conservative thing, as much as its the majority of the people want to be left alone to do our thing, without interference. It's not my place to mandate anyone to think, feel, believe, and behave a certain way.