We all know Tyson, but dayummm

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
.25 ACP will work just fine. After all it was enough for James Bond.

:laugh2:
I'm too old to think I'm good enough for that James Bond crap.

If I actually need to shoot something or someone, I'm going to make some big wound channels.

GrandJunction

Reaction score
If Tyson has been able to keep his head screwed on straight, he could have been in a historical class with the likes of Dempsey, Louis, Marciano and Ali. In his heyday he was unbelievable.

Crotch

Mega Pints
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like his gloves had mics on them

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
I'm not into boxing, but Tyson is a monster. In my unprofessional opinion, the greatest of all time.
For a short period of time he was, but when you look at the overall career its Muhammed Ali. Tyson would have had his hands full with Ali. he proved time and time again he could take anybodies punch. Frazier 3 times, Norton 3 times and Foreman all just pummeled him and he refused to stop. And eventually the punchers all wore down and Ali mopped them up. He paid a terrible price for his toughness, but for his lengthy career, he was The Greatest

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
he was a total beast back in the day

PeteK

Reaction score
Tillis got a lesson too.

It wasn't just that he could knock you out with any punch. His head movement and bobbing and weaving was just incredible when he was in his prime. He opened up a lot of opportunities by making people swing and miss. That video was a perfect example of that. It looked like he was playing on Rookie mode.

bluesoul

Reaction score
It wasn't just that he could knock you out with any punch. His head movement and bobbing and weaving was just incredible when he was in his prime. He opened up a lot of opportunities by making people swing and miss. That video was a perfect example of that. It looked like he was playing on Rookie mode.
His defensive skills were quite good but because of his power and speed you don't hear as much about the total skill set. His balance was amazing when he ducked and bobbed way low!

While I am a bit of a Tyson fan, it's hard to place him in the history of great boxers. Unfortunately he destroyed journymen fighters, but lost when he faced legit competition....but as we all know he was not as tuned up then as he was when Cus was around. And btw, it's not Tysons fault he was not in an era with multiple great fighters to compete against.
It is hard to know what he would have looked like fighting, Liston, Forman, Ali, J Lewis etc.

Top tweny easily imo. Top ten? Maybe. Great fighter and perhaps one of the most exciting to watch.

We need time travel! Dempsey vs Tyson would be my pick! The way the two of them fought makes a great matchup!

Last edited:

Who

Well respected man about town
Reaction score
I remember folks saying stupid shit like “the loser of that fight will get X million dollars! For a million dollars, I’d get in the ring with him and just take the hit.”

My response was usually something like “a million bucks will buy you a lot of crayons”.

But then once my father said he’d get in the ring for a million. I laughed and said he’d get killed.

He said "I go to work every day for $20K a year. I get in the ring with opponents who have no rules, and can't be prosecuted if they beat or kill me. I'm constrained by rules and am not allowed to fight back. For a million bucks, I'd take my chance with Tyson, a payday, and never have to work again."

He was a "therapy aide" at a NYS mental institution. Big burly cops with mace, sticks, and guns would drop off dangerous people. Once they were inside, those people could do what they wanted (and knew it).

Often times the cops would drop off belligerent drunks or drugged up people, just to not have to deal with them in jail.

One of those guys was a combat vet who had been a hand-to-hand combat trainer in the VN era. When he was done with my father, my dad never was able to work again. My dad was 45 years old. The guy was never charged and the state even fought the disability and pension. My dad later died nearly penniless.

My dad's the only guy I ever believed really would have gotten in that ring.

bluesoul

Reaction score
My dad's the only guy I ever believed really would have gotten in that ring.
But I would have! And I take a drive before Mike leaves his corner at the opening bell! Oops, I tripped and got knocked out when my head hit the canvas. Now gimmie my fuckin money!

• Haha
Reactions: Who

Latest Threads