WB Pickups MLP Member Discounts, Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WBPickups

Hey thanks guys for the orders and inquiries. I have up the Free- T-Shirt Coupons so a few of more of you can rock the shirts!

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Will, thank you for being patient with me on my order.Not too many people would have gone out of their way to fix MY SCREW UP!LOL! Im still on the learning curve with computers,paypal,etc..

W

WBPickups

Will, thank you for being patient with me on my order.Not too many people would have gone out of their way to fix MY SCREW UP!LOL! Im still on the learning curve with computers,paypal,etc..
No problem brother! :thumb:

ArchEtech

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I might be willing to bite. Can ask what makes your pickups special - I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just asking for some advertising as to why I should pick your pickups over buying a set of Gibby's! And thanks for giving special deals!

Do your pickups have:
More output?
Different tone?
Less hum?

I'd be looking for something close to Burstbucker pro's probably and do like the way burstbuckers sound.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I might be willing to bite. Can ask what makes your pickups special - I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just asking for some advertising as to why I should pick your pickups over buying a set of Gibby's! And thanks for giving special deals!

Do your pickups have:
More output?
Different tone?
Less hum?

I'd be looking for something close to Burstbucker pro's probably and do like the way burstbuckers sound.
I will throw a bone on this : just listen to soundclips WB Custom Pickups: guitar pickups wound by hand

Thing that I admire about Will is he is Old School business meaning : like Leo Fender / Ted Mc Carty he is hands on & in touch with his clients & potential customers. If he doesn't make a pickup that you are 100% satisfied he will do his personal best to get you that satisfaction & for one I have never heard of one complaint yet so he must be doing something correct, Also Will seem to listen to potential new ideas meaning he is not afraid to step out & try anything new. Bottom line he is a great Dude & a great Family man :applause:

W

WBPickups

Do your pickups have:
More output?
Different tone?
Less hum?

Hello ArchEtech,

Well it depends on what you want. If you are seeking an after market pickup. Then in reality there is something your missing with the Burstbucker's that you like. Explain what your looking for to me and I can set you up with what I think will help you. Let me know a little about your style, guitar & gear. This is a custom pickup shop. Your options are open from my base models to full on Custom Tuned.

What has been the census of my pickups have been articulation, warmth, great harmonics, and overall balance with the frequencies. I offer different outputs with my base model pickups. From vintage specs to extreme modern. Waxed or un-potted, Magnet options. As for the questions about my pickups. Yes to all 3 questions. When each pickup is wound, assembled & tested. I sign the bottom of the pickup to ensure you are getting a pickup that I guarantee to be the best pickup as my last one..

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Will Boggs

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
I just listened to some of the soundclips ... NICE !! I think the hot PAF clips sounded best !! and a member discount is one of the coolest things I've heard of on a forum !!

jimmydeuce

Reaction score
Hey Will (or anyone who knows the answer) whats the output on the VTP's and the HVTP's. I'm going to get a set just need to make up my mind.

T

TheMrsWB

Hey Will (or anyone who knows the answer) whats the output on the VTP's and the HVTP's. I'm going to get a set just need to make up my mind.
Hello Jimmydeuce,

The VTP's are wound to 7.45K on the neck and the bridge is wound at 7.9K and the VTPHots are wound 7.8K on the bridge and the neck is wound at 8.9K. This is the reading when wound here at the temperature of the shop. Could have a slight change with different temperatures. I hope this helps.

Will will be back by this afternoon is you like to call. Thank you.

Laura

ArchEtech

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hello ArchEtech,

Well it depends on what you want. If you are seeking an after market pickup. Then in reality there is something your missing with the Burstbucker's that you like. Explain what your looking for to me and I can set you up with what I think will help you. Let me know a little about your style, guitar & gear. This is a custom pickup shop. Your options are open from my base models to full on Custom Tuned.

What has been the census of my pickups have been articulation, warmth, great harmonics, and overall balance with the frequencies. I offer different outputs with my base model pickups. From vintage specs to extreme modern. Waxed or un-potted, Magnet options. As for the questions about my pickups. Yes to all 3 questions. When each pickup is wound, assembled & tested. I sign the bottom of the pickup to ensure you are getting a pickup that I guarantee to be the best pickup as my last one..

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Will Boggs

Sound wise no - I want to be able to coil tap the neck and run both in a series with push/pulls and I don't think Burstbuckers allow you to do that.

If I were to change anything about sound, I would like the brige to have more density.

W

WBPickups

Sound wise no - I want to be able to coil tap the neck and run both in a series with push/pulls and I don't think Burstbuckers allow you to do that.

If I were to change anything about sound, I would like the brige to have more density.
Well I can rewind the burstbucker bridge for you and add a 4 conductor wiring for you to be able to split the pickups. email me at info@wbpickups.com

terence_tez

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hello Jimmydeuce,

The VTP's are wound to 7.45K on the neck and the bridge is wound at 7.9K and the VTPHots are wound 7.8K on the bridge and the neck is wound at 8.9K. This is the reading when wound here at the temperature of the shop. Could have a slight change with different temperatures. I hope this helps.

Will will be back by this afternoon is you like to call. Thank you.

Laura

man,i willl be so stoked if my future wife is as passionate about my passion as you are with will's.
MrsWB,i salute you!!!

jimmydeuce

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Will and after he told me about the HG Habanero's I ordered a set. They sound exactly like what I was looking for. My soon to be next Gibby will get the VTP's slapped in it. :applause:
Thanks Will & Laura

W

WBPickups

Hey Jimmy! Great talking with you! Your going to dig the Habanero's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads