Watching AXS TV about the Bee Gees

Sinster

Reaction score
They showed a clip of Barry playing a Gold Les Paul with mini's with dual pick guard. Didn't notice it at first, but when they panned out you could see one on top and the other on the bottom.

endial

Reaction score
"Watching AXS TV about the Bee Gees"

Why, pray tell?

Sinster

Reaction score
LOL... I just find it interesting. They were pretty big in the late 70's. They will always be associated with Disco. I found this out that they wrote a lot of hits for a lot of people.

circles

Reaction score
I like the work they did with Pink Floyd.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9hM8sCoxNs[/ame]

Lefty Adams

Reaction score
"Watching AXS TV about the Bee Gees"

Why, pray tell?
Because love them or hate them, they were very successful, and they could write a good song or two, something rare in this day and age. Am i a fan? Not really, but i can respect talent.

El Pablo

Reaction score
I'm a big fan. I like ABBA too. Their songs bring back fond memories of childhood before the home life fell off a cliff.

In any event, my tastes in music is extremely diverse. Hip Hop and KISS is about all that turns me off.

RangerJay

Glam Bastard
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't be ragging on the Bee Gees! Even if they aren't your cup of tea, they were excellent musicians. Real talent and skill. They could do astounding work then that nowadays takes Pro Tools experts to replicate. They did those harmonies live to tape!

They got a bad rap on the disco thing, but if you look at their entire body of work, it's pretty amazing. They aren't exactly my favorite choice, but every once in a while, I spin them up. Every time, I am amazed.

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't be ragging on the Bee Gees! Even if they aren't your cup of tea, they were excellent musicians. Real talent and skill. They could do astounding work then that nowadays takes Pro Tools experts to replicate. They did those harmonies live to tape!

They got a bad rap on the disco thing, but if you look at their entire body of work, it's pretty amazing. They aren't exactly my favorite choice, but every once in a while, I spin them up. Every time, I am amazed.

Yep, badass!!!

FUS44

Reaction score
They played a bunch of Gibsons through the years as well. I think every clip from the 70's I've ever seen one, if not all three, were wielding the latest in norlins of the time.
I love "Massachusetts" and many of their other K-tell Golden Hits of the 70's.

endial

Reaction score
Wow!

The slightest little jab...

Actually, it was just that, a little jab. Yeah, I DO respect the BeeGees, and their early material is quite respectable if not downright great. Sales? Schmales. **** 'em. Saturday Night Fever damn near killed rock, and I hold them very much responsible.
Just me. Just a deep-seated loathing. Carry on.

Latest Threads