Watch a fantastic example of sportsmanship at the High School level

NRBQ

Reaction score
You guys may have seen this one, but it's worth posting for those that haven't seen it. The pitcher (who's close friends with the batter) strikes out the batter to win the game, and then instead of immediately celebrating with his teammates, he went over to the batter and gave him a heartfelt hug. It's great to see such solid thoughtful behavior from a young athlete, this is the example other young athletes need to mimic. The pitcher said he wanted his friend to know that their friendship was more important than a game. It's so refreshing to see sportsmanship take center stage, lets hope it starts a trend.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
That’s why most pro sports in general can suck it. You’ll often witness more humility and humanity at your local field on any given day than a full season combined in pro sports. I barely watch any pros these days, but I’m out on a field several times a week with a stellar bunch of 9-10 year old girls that never cease to amaze me.

Guitarhack

Reaction score
Speaks volumes regarding that kids character and perspective. Thinking of his friend before himself and celebrating a win in a game.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That’s why most pro sports in general can suck it. You’ll often witness more humility and humanity at your local field on any given day than a full season combined in pro sports. I barely watch any pros these days, but I’m out on a field several times a week with a stellar bunch of 9-10 year old girls that never cease to amaze me.
Have you been to a 'travelling' team game lately?

Scooter2112

Reaction score
Have you been to a 'travelling' team game lately?
Yes. I’ve been coaching travel teams for about a decade. There are generally no shortage of assholes there either, but you tend to see it all because you’re right in the middle of it. What is shown on TV never catches some of the comments made and other innuendo. Still.. give me athletes that play for the love of the game, rather than the highest bidder.

Where you really see how the kids have grown is when summer ball teammates have to face each other in-conference at the HS and Collegiate levels as opponents. They want to beat each other’s asses on the field, because that’s what competition is, but they’ll look forward to sharing some pizza afterwards.

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
:lol:

I was just kidding around.

..then again I don't think I've ever hugged a friend. :laugh2: But I'm not a hugger/touchy-feely kind of person, anyway.
They say that happy people get on average 8 hugs a day, I try to hug my wife and she tells me to fukk off :lol:

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My nieces hug me a lot and say I'm the best Uncle in the world.

Sorry for the rest of you but apparently I have the 'Best Uncle' crown all to myself.

I sent one Niece off to school today in a black Babymetal T-Shirt. Told her the first time you wear a heavy metal band shirt to school is a big moment. :dude:

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
I'm no hugger either, I'd have probably high-fived my buddy or given him a good fist bump. That hug looks sort of sketchy to me.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My nieces hug me a lot and say I'm the best Uncle in the world.

Sorry for the rest of you but apparently I have the 'Best Uncle' crown all to myself.

I sent one Niece off to school today in a black Babymetal T-Shirt. Told her the first time you wear a heavy metal band shirt to school is a big moment. :dude:
Well, my Sister and Brother will never have children (too old now), so I never had a chance any how, lol.

Next is first time she wears a concert shirt to school.