Warren Haynes 1961 ES-335 Sig

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Gibson Warren Haynes 1961 ES-335 Semi-Hollow Body Electric Guitar (SN:12/500) | SamAsh

G12OF500X-P_1.fpx

G12OF500X-P_8.fpx

G12OF500X-P_6.fpx

Beautiful!

Not listed on Gibson's website yet...

The Gibson Warren Haynes 1961 ES-335 is crafted to mirror Haynes' beloved '61 Cherry Red ES-335 and those historic last “Dot” ES-335s—from its semi-hollow construction with individually matched “cathedral” pattern plain maple veneers and a solid maple centerblock, to the accurate “Mickey Mouse-ears” double cutaway body, and all the way down to the pickups and the aged hardware. While the period-correct construction give this Warren Haynes '61 ES-335 an unmistakable vintage tone and feel, the body is also bound by period-accurate historic cream and is finished a hand stained VOS Sixties Cherry for a slighty worn appearance for a classic look to match it's vintage vibe. Holding true to the classic, this Warren Haynes 1961 ES-335 features a one-piece mahogany early 60s neck with a period-correct truss rod assembly and is topped off with a one-piece dark rosewood fingerboard with classic 1/4” mother-of-pearl dot inlays.

The Warren Haynes '61 ES-335 comes equipped with a set of historically accurate BurstBucker pickups crafted in the image of those classic “Patent Applied For” humbuckers to faithfully reproduce that coveted vintage tone. Both wound with 42 AWG wire with slightly mismatched coils, the combination of the BurstBucker 1 & 2 pickups deliver a nice range of vintage tones from a throaty warmth to a crunchy sting and everything in between. This killer BurstBuckers are also routed through a classic control complement, with independent volume and tone controls for each pickup.

On top of it all, the Gibson Warren Haynes 1961 ES-335 features lightly patina'd nickel hardware for that slightly aged look which include a classic pairing of an ABR bridge with a lightweight tailpiece and a set of Kluson single ring tuning machines. The package is completed by the vintage-correct black top hat knobs and an SP-1 style headstock with a Holly veneer and pearl logo.

budg

Reaction score
I spied one on the Wildwood website. Kudos to Gibson for putting out a few 335s with vintage vibes ( the Haynes and the Rusty Anderson) for a decent price. I would love to hear a review on this. Nice looking guitar.

Matt_21

Reaction score
Glad to see such an awesome guy getting another sig.
Sweet looking axe. I'd get one of I had the dough.

in2madness

Reaction score
It's a scam. I bought one of the Bonamassa 335's modelled on Joes 61. It did not turn me into Joe and I reckon this one won't turn anyone into Warren.

Sure looks nice though:)

bigsnaketex

Reaction score
It's a scam. I bought one of the Bonamassa 335's modelled on Joes 61. It did not turn me into Joe and I reckon this one won't turn anyone into Warren.

Sure looks nice though:)

I don't want to be Warren. . . unless he loses 200 pounds!

mertzy

Reaction score
I spied one on the Wildwood website. Kudos to Gibson for putting out a few 335s with vintage vibes ( the Haynes and the Rusty Anderson) for a decent price. I would love to hear a review on this. Nice looking guitar.

I heard a Rich Robinson ES-335 is coming.

Backstage

Reaction score
Very nice but I guess a "slimmer" neck because its a 61 RI.

Bluntforcetrauma

Reaction score
I have been playing 25/500 at Sam ash in Florida for the last 3 weeks. The neck is more reminiscent to a 50's style than 60's style. Sound beautiful unplugged. And juiced its sonic soul- shine.

RufusTelestrat

Reaction score
On the way. I am stoked at the guitars coming out of memphis. The blurb forgot the long studs for the tailpiece, and the bridge, and sorted to light weight spec as well.

Photos when mine gets here.

R

Sharky

Reaction score
I have been playing 25/500 at Sam ash in Florida for the last 3 weeks. The neck is more reminiscent to a 50's style than 60's style. Sound beautiful unplugged. And juiced its sonic soul- shine.

OK, need to check it out then. I had an original 61, quite early from April and the neck was very shallow but had the 1 11/16" nut

bigsnaketex

Reaction score
I do wish they would make more of the 50's necks on these - I firmly believe that those thicker necks contribute greatly to the tone and resonance.

Thin necks are for wussies!!

budg

Reaction score
I do wish they would make more of the 50's necks on these - I firmly believe that those thicker necks contribute greatly to the tone and resonance.

Thin necks are for wussies!!
Try finding a 335 with a bigger neck. Almost impossible and pricey with limited options.

Sharky

Reaction score
Would be great if you tell us your result.

I checked the inventory of my dealer, not listed yet. I'll ask him maybe. They ordered a 59 RI in blonde for me (OK, not for me alone, but I asked for it) and as I couldn't go there to check it out, they sold it in the meantime. I'm sure they are happy about it because I talked them down so much. Another one's coming in a few weeks. I like those much, they have a 59 neck but they are a bit pricy. 5 K Euros. Here for example at Big T: http://www.thomann.de/de/gibson_1959_es_335td_vintage_natural.htm?gclid=CMaM5LPSlrwCFUiN3godPVwAyA

bigsnaketex

Reaction score
Try finding a 335 with a bigger neck. Almost impossible and pricey with limited options.

I agree - the '59 reissue has a perfect neck but man are they expensive.

But if they would put the blocks of the '63 on the neck of the '59 I would sell my Harley and make it mine, all mine!!!

It seems they find the "slim" 60's necks are more popular but I do not agree with that opinion at all.

Give me GIRTH or give me DEATH!!

(not literally, but close!)

budg

Reaction score

But if they would put the blocks of the '63 on the neck of the '59 I would sell my Harley and make it mine, all mine!!!

It seems they find the "slim" 60's necks are more popular but I do not agree with that opinion at all.

I agree totally. My first 335 also had a 60s neck, but it was a toothpick. Thankfully it was a total turd as well so I sent it back. Over a year later came across my present one and the neck felt beefier. So. I bought it. It isn't 50s beefy, but much bigger than the previous one. I am happy with it. I personally wouldn't buy a 60s neck without trying it first. There is such a difference in size.

MiniB

Reaction score

I've been begging for that as well.

Latest Threads