Warmoth Strat parts are in

Uncle Vinnie

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they look great! The quality is simply excellent.

Got a couple of CBS style necks with ebony fingerboards, vintage small frets, and fat 1" necks. The ebony is uniform black and surprisingly tight grained. The fret work is nicely done, frankly as good as any factory Fender I've ever owned; I'm sure when Lt. Dave puts his gentle, loving hands to them and does the fine tuning it'll be otherworldly. The necks will also be gloss vintage tinted with period-correct headstock decals and bone nuts installed. The necks fit snugly into the neck pockets but not too tight. Again, well done.

One of the bodies is for a '69 build, Ocean Turquoise color. Warmoth doesn't offer the OT color so Lt will be painting that one; the other is for a recreation of my '66 Strat that had been refinished Daphne Blue: Warmoth did offer that finish and it's as good as any Fender paint job. Body contours are vintage Fender and nicely done.

The pups will be Pete Biltoft Strat-style P90s, can't wait to hear them. The pup routs in the body are a bit deeper than stock to accommodate the extra height of the extra magnet on the bottom of the pup.

All the hardware and plastic are factory Fender vintage repros, even the "F" tuners for the '69 and "F" neck plates.

So, for about half the price of one Fender custom shop Strat, I'm getting two of exactly and precisely what I want. I think the next one or two will be a blonde '61, ebony fingerboard with a tortoise shell pickguard, and a white '70, also an ebony board, a recreation of the white Strat on the cover of Jeff Beck's "Wired" album

Here's a mock up of the '66 for a teaser.

war1.JPG

war2.JPG

war3.JPG

war4.JPG

war5.JPG

war6.JPG

war7.JPG

Last edited:

NotScott

Reaction score
My Warmoth build is almost done. I have been going through hell trying to get my headstock decal. Thanks USPS! :mad2:

I found the quality of the neck and body very good. The assembled guitar has the feel of a Fender CS guitar. If you have ever compared the feel to a standard Strat and a CS Strat, you will know exactly what I mean.

Positives:

1) Board is almost black. I requested a dark rosewood board and selected their choice. They picked a great one for me.

2) The frets were installed a bit better on this one than the Tele neck I ordered from them a few years ago. The Tele neck required a level to get my desired action. This one has some high spots but I can get my desired action without buzzes or fretting out.

3) The finish on both the neck and body are both flawless.

Nergatives:

1) The tremolo rout is a bit off preventing total divebombs. Scale is correct though so not a big deal for me.

2) Nut was cut evenly spaced but finished very roughly. I had to work the slots to get the trem to stay in tune. The nut edges are totally unfinished but nothing my dremel can't solve in a minute or two.

3) It took FOREVER to arrive! From order placement to delivery took almost 4 months. However, it did arrive right in the middle of Warmoth's ETA estimate that was posted up front so I expected it.

As for the finished product, I love it and plan on using it on stage as soon as I get the headstock decal on it. I would buy from Warmoth again.

wI2LkHS.jpg

Uncle Vinnie

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that is a really nice looking board!! Great color too.

Yeah, Daphne Blue reminds me of a robin's egg blue. Sonic Blue is a cool color, but it's so close to Olympic White that I'd rather go white.

Latest Threads