Warmoth Pro??

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has one of these type of necks/truss rod systems.Thinking about having one built but would like to hear opinions.

thanks..

Reaction score
Your pics aren't showing up, but I'm going to assume you are talking about the side adjust truss rod. I gotta say, I'm not really a fan. One of my Tele's has this, it's a bit of a hassle to initially set up. The rest of the neck is great, but in the future I think I'd opt for the Vintage Modern series of necks with the more traditional truss rod and headstock access adjustment.

Reaction score
Your pics aren't showing up, but I'm going to assume you are talking about the side adjust truss rod. I gotta say, I'm not really a fan. One of my Tele's has this, it's a bit of a hassle to initially set up. The rest of the neck is great, but in the future I think I'd opt for the Vintage Modern series of necks with the more traditional truss rod and headstock access adjustment.
The picture is actually my signature..(that apparently doesnt work lol) I was just asking about the design and how it sounded(yes the one with the side adjustment)..One of the things they boast is added sustain and clearer notes.Just wanted to see if there is any truth to that..Thanks for the reply bro.

Pinkie

Reaction score
Never dealt with one I don't see how it would effect tone.

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't really know if there is a tonal difference. I actually have had 4 Warmoth Pro necks over the years, all with the Warmoth double action truss rod. One is an older Pro 12 string (made before the side-adjuster), one is the newer Tele neck, and two have been LP necks (which have tilt-back heads and the usual truss rod adjustments).

I truthfully don't notice that the tone is all that different from traditional, but I will tell you they aren't wrong about the stability. I don't have to adjust them anywhere near as much as traditional truss rods. My Warmoth guitars do sustain very well tho, and the Tele is very clear and articulate. Sometimes too much, actually.

My only objection to the side adjust is purely from a mechanical standpoint, I just don't like it. I'd prefer just a simple headstock mounted adjusting nut. Other than that, I've got no complaints with any of my Warmoth necks (aside from the mahogany LP neck that shattered like glass a few years ago. That's another story :laugh2:).

Reaction score
def interested in any and all opinions...And Im not sure..obviously:laugh2:, but I think there thinking is a heavier truss rod system would equate to more tonal..kinda like a full steel block to a regular?? again idk just guessing.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's probably something like that. Really have no idea, tho. Probably just ad copy in all reality, but I like their necks one way or the other so it's really kind of a non-issue for me, even the side adjuster.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's probably something like that. Really have no idea, tho. Probably just ad copy in all reality, but I like their necks one way or the other so it's really kind of a non-issue for me, even the side adjuster.
How was it more difficult to adjust??

Reaction score
You have to loosen the main adjustment screw at the heel all the way, tighten the side adjust all the way, then back it off something like 7 turns. THEN you have to tighten the heel screw until the neck is flat, then attach the neck and tune the strings up. At this point if you want to adjust the neck further, you have to detune the strings, tighten or loosen the side adjuster as needed, and re-tune again to check the action, repeating that as necessary. Apparently you can damge the side adjuster if you adjust it under tension (phuck it, I do it anyways :laugh2:) You can also completely screw the whole assembly up if you loosen the side adjust too much.

Better than having to remove the neck for every adjustment, but still a frakkin' pain in the ass, i MUCH prefer a headstock adjuster. I'm a big fan of fewer moving parts.

Reaction score
You have to loosen the main adjustment screw at the heel all the way, tighten the side adjust all the way, then back it off something like 7 turns. THEN you have to tighten the heel screw until the neck is flat, then attach the neck and tune the strings up. At this point if you want to adjust the neck further, you have to detune the strings, tighten or loosen the side adjuster as needed, and re-tune again to check the action, repeating that as necessary. Apparently you can damge the side adjuster if you adjust it under tension (phuck it, I do it anyways :laugh2:) You can also completely screw the whole assembly up if you loosen the side adjust too much.

Better than having to remove the neck for every adjustment, but still a frakkin' pain in the ass, i MUCH prefer a headstock adjuster. I'm a big fan of fewer moving parts.
Thanks bros..Im extremely new to setups and Im just trying to gauge the difficulty.I totally agree with you about simplicity..The only thing I dont like about the Vintage modern system is the 22 frets.. Thanks for the replies.

Reaction score
The only reason I chose the Pro model was because my neck was 5A maple flame.
I didn't want to ruin the look with the skunk stripe, so I had to go pro.

I was not a fan either, I like a standard truss rod. It was too complicated.

Reaction score
Both the Pro and the Vintage Modern are 22 frets. Total Vintage necks are the ones that come with 21 frets, although I think they will do any of them either way if you ask them too.

Reaction score
ya.. i should have been clear that I was looking to get a 21 fret and that they make those in the pro.

Reaction score
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Warmoth has a very cool site.. Just gotta get used to all the bells n whistles.And its going to be a "Fatback" profile 21 fret. :slash:

dazzypig

Reaction score
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Warmoth has a very cool site.. Just gotta get used to all the bells n whistles.And its going to be a "Fatback" profile 21 fret. :slash:
I've got one Boatneck and one fatback, both are gorgeous if you like 'em that way. Did a bit of re-profiling on the fatback to make it a little more comfy in the headstock transition on the fatback which I think was a good choice as the W/moth necks can be a little 'sharp' on the edges otherwise.

Awesome necks.

Also, I had one of their 'standard thins' too... As you can tell by the 2 above that didn't stay around for very long. Like trying to play guitar on a toothpick!

Reaction score
I've got one Boatneck and one fatback, both are gorgeous if you like 'em that way. Did a bit of re-profiling on the fatback to make it a little more comfy in the headstock transition on the fatback which I think was a good choice as the W/moth necks can be a little 'sharp' on the edges otherwise.

Awesome necks.

Also, I had one of their 'standard thins' too... As you can tell by the 2 above that didn't stay around for very long. Like trying to play guitar on a toothpick!
I feel ya man.. small necks hurt man hand after a while(bottom of thumb)

Latest Threads