Wanting to buy a 2005 LP studio

Smokey1010

Reaction score
This guy is selling me this 2015 LP studio Guitar for 641 USD. Is it a deal or is it fake? He said he changed the tuners, bridges, and other stuff (see photo). Shall i go for it?
D46E94CF-6204-4464-B902-EBEC30D1D668.png
41261C5E-1FF4-4C93-8816-067334E78995.jpeg
B791F992-3170-4FFC-A0AD-E4C9756BF82D.jpeg
8041E833-48C4-4B55-957F-B7C12504499B.png

Last edited:

judson

Reaction score
ask what pickups he changed and what they are now...does it have a case?

check the neck for cracks or repaired break

go play it if you can....studios are great deals, my opinion

dont know what country you are in but in USA not a bad price

TorzJohnson

Reaction score
I would ask why he replaced the Gibson bridge with the kind that comes with Chibsons. :wtf:

Smokey1010

Reaction score
I would ask why he replaced the Gibson bridge with the kind that comes with Chibsons. :wtf:
The seller just replied back. Turned out the previous seller did that. I am not sure how reliable the seller is now especially after you said the bridge pickup is not good. That's his reply:
Hello again. The only way for me to know exactly what pickups are in the guitar now, is to take them out and look at them. I’ve never done this, and so can’t be sure. But, I believe that the neck pickup is the original one (490R). The bridge pickup has been upgraded to something more expensive (that’s what the previous owner told me) but I can’t remember the brand/mode. Anyway, you feel free to keep them or put your own pickups in the guitar if you don’t like them. Personally, I think they both sound great.

As for cracks/repairs. No, there are none. The only thing is it has some scratches on the back of the body which you can see in the photos.

Other than that. It’s set up very well, has a nice low action, plays and sounds great. I have a video somewhere of me playing it live. I’ll try to find for you.

Reaction score
Parece que la pastilla del puente se coloca al revés, es decir, con las partes ajustables en el lado opuesto. Los sintonizadores tampoco pueden estar bien alineados, el puente puede ser un reemplazo de gotoh o similar, es muy similar a un nashville, excepto por las publicaciones

Si puedes poner imágenes con mejor calidad, sería de gran ayuda

TorzJohnson

Reaction score
The seller just replied back. Turned out the previous seller did that. I am not sure how reliable the seller is now especially after you said the bridge pickup is not good. That's his reply:
Hello again. The only way for me to know exactly what pickups are in the guitar now, is to take them out and look at them. I’ve never done this, and so can’t be sure. But, I believe that the neck pickup is the original one (490R). The bridge pickup has been upgraded to something more expensive (that’s what the previous owner told me) but I can’t remember the brand/mode. Anyway, you feel free to keep them or put your own pickups in the guitar if you don’t like them. Personally, I think they both sound great.

As for cracks/repairs. No, there are none. The only thing is it has some scratches on the back of the body which you can see in the photos.

Other than that. It’s set up very well, has a nice low action, plays and sounds great. I have a video somewhere of me playing it live. I’ll try to find for you.
I was referring to the bridge, not the bridge pickup. That's one of the type with the slotted screws on the posts which are found on Epiphones and Chinese fakes, but not real Gibsons..

judson

Reaction score
I was referring to the bridge, not the bridge pickup. That's one of the type with the slotted screws on the posts which are found on Epiphones and Chinese fakes, but not real Gibsons..
with al the parts that have been changed on that i would not rely on that sole issue....but agree its usually the first easy tell tale sign that something might be fishy

but that why i would need to see everything else before ruling it as a fake...the cavities would tell a better picture :dunno:

serial number checks out

Last edited:

judson

Reaction score
ummm did you see this? looks like a crack

wtf2005.jpg
wtf2005.jpg

Latest Threads