Wanted: Telecaster bridge pickup

TheZ

Reaction score
My good buddy has a Telecaster barely a year old that the bridge pickup went out on. I want to fix it for him. Anyone have a good Telecaster pickup maybe sitting in their parts bin they'd be looking to part with?

pmonk

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your definition of good?

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that the pickup is bad? It's more likely that a solder joint failed somewhere and could be a very easy fix.

TheZ

Reaction score
I took it apart already, it's definitely the pickup. It's a vintage style Alnico pickup so he'd probably want something of similar construction/output.

pmonk

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two standard Fender bridge pickups . One taken out of a Fender Classic Series 60s Telecaster the other from a part-telecaster I traded for years ago.

akuster777

Reaction score
I have a great sounding set of Fender custom shop nocasters I might be convinced to part with..

BA-CHEE

Reaction score
have you found a pickup yet ? I can go look at my stash. If you have , Good Luck with the installation.

TheZ

Reaction score
Not yet, let me know what you've got!

BA-CHEE

Reaction score
Went through my stash , ... in one of my boxes I found this Lindy Fralin Telecaster Bridge Pickup. So far the others are "sets". I do not know what model this one is
BUT apparently it also has that copper plate on the underside to "help" out with the tone. Are you interested ? If so, send me a PM. Gee, I hope the pics show up , as I am not a computer geek !

LF Tele 01.jpg LF Tele 02.jpg LF Tele 03.jpg LF Tele 04.jpg

TheZ

Reaction score
Thanks, that's a nice looking pickup but probably a bit fancy for this project, it's a MIM standard alnico pickup I'd be replacing and we just need to get it working again. I suppose I should have been a bit more specific in my description, sorry about that!

bufbills

Reaction score
I've got a stock MIM tele pickup I just pulled and replaced. Make me an offer.

Latest Threads