Want to buy strap locks

zosogab

Reaction score
Hey! I've been usin my les paul without any locks, and it has slipped out of the strap several times... but luckily I caught it all the times...So...I want to buy strap locks or a strap with strap locks included. I really don't want to modify the guitar with schaller locks or something like that. So please, what do u recommend me to buy?

Sorry if I've repeated the thread. Thanx,

Gabriel

gbarosio

Reaction score
There are some dunlop straps, I've them on my g1275 which weights as a pregnant whale and they simply do what they need to do.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Mite-Pro-Strap-Locks/dp/B0028P1JJ6]Amazon.com: Mighty Mite Pro Strap Locks - Dunlop Compatible - Black: Musical Instruments[/ame]

gb.-

JMV

Reaction score
Another vote for Schallers. :thumb:

River

Reaction score
Beer-bottle washers.

4386028110_2ea54a3568.jpg

zosogab

Reaction score
If I buy schallers, does the guitar need a modification?

Ramirogrunge

Reaction score
hey bro!! i used to have the dunlop straplocks made in plstic and they worked perfectly but sometimes just poped pu from the strap but not too many times, intead of that o recently bought the dunlop straplocks made of steel but the only difference is that you have to screwed into the guitar ( maybe you are not gonna like that ) but it works better thna the otters

i hope i could help with that

thanks

Lungo

Reaction score
I really don't want to modify the guitar with schaller locks or something like that.

Changing the strap buttons out and putting in new screws isn't exactly a modification.

Lungo

Reaction score
I actually founded written instructions for installing Schallers.

Step 1
Unscrew the factory buttons from your guitar. Hold the factory screws next to the Schaller screws to compare sizes. If the factory screws are smaller than the Schaller screws, you won't have any problem screwing the Schaller screws into the existing hole. If the factory screws are bigger than the Schaller screws, you will need wood glue to hold the strap locks in place in the holes.

Step 2
Slide the new screws through the buttons and screw into the holes. If the new screws are smaller than the existing holes, put a dab of glue into the hole, then put the screw in the glue-filled hole. Let dry for 30 minutes. If the new screws are bigger than the hole, simply drive the screws into the holes. No adjustment needs to be made because the new screws will create new grooves. Set the guitar aside when finished with the screws.

Step 3
Slide the strap locks through each of the holes in the strap. The strap should be pushed to the bottom of the strap locks so it sits next to the lock. Do this for both ends of the strap.

Step 4
On the top side of the strap, push the washer snugly against the strap. The washer provides a surface between the nut and strap so the nut can be tightened smoothly. Do this for both ends of the strap.

Step 5
Place the nut on the top side of the strap and screw until tight against the washer. This provides security on the other side of the strap to keep the strap from sliding over the lock. Do this for both ends of the strap.

Step 6
Pick up the guitar and slide the lock over the new button by pulling up on the rounded end of the strap lock. Pulling up on the strap lock will release the gate that keeps the strap secure on the guitar. Do this for both ends of the strap.

ehamady6

Reaction score
Schallers. I put a small section of a wooden skewer (or 2 toothpicks) in the strap button hole to lock the Schaller screws in even more. I don't consider that a mod. I play a Custom and I wouldn't use any other strap locks on my #1.

zosogab

Reaction score
Thanx for the information! I know it isn't exactly a modification, but i'm afraid of drilling holes :S...I don't want to screw up my girl! You are convincing me to buy schallers, but tell me, do the most of you guys use schallers on your LPs? In other words, have you drilled holes and removed the original buttons from ur LPs? Don't u consider it like a little sacrifice? I mean, it's such an expensive guitar! I wouldn't mind to do it on my Squier Strat...I just want to be really sure that it's like a common thing to do! Thanx!

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
Um... You don't drill holes. You take the stock buttons off and put the Schallers on.

dennistruckdriver

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Lungo

Reaction score
Thanx for the information! I know it isn't exactly a modification, but i'm afraid of drilling holes :S...I don't want to screw up my girl! You are convincing me to buy schallers, but tell me, do the most of you guys use schallers on your LPs? In other words, have you drilled holes and removed the original buttons from ur LPs? Don't u consider it like a little sacrifice? I mean, it's such an expensive guitar! I wouldn't mind to do it on my Squier Strat...I just want to be really sure that it's like a common thing to do! Thanx!

I didn't go through the trouble of finding/posting instructions for you to come back and ask stupid questions you numb nut. :laugh2:

You DO NOT HAVE TO DRILL ANY HOLES. :thumb:

zosogab

Reaction score
yes...but I saw a stupid youtube schaller tutorial in which holes are drilled...I'm just saying...I really appreciate that you posted the instructions and I'm grateful. I think every knowledge is learned in this life, and now it's time for me to learn about schaller locks and how they are installed, so please give me the opportunity. In my country they don't sell such things as schallers so no one can help me but u. I think it wasn't necessary that u called me a numb nut. Once again, thank you, I think I'll go with schallers.

Latest Threads