Waldstein, the Enigma from out of this solar system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les Paw

Reaction score
I doubt there are many amongst us, and I include the Corksniffers, who wouldn't want to snuggle up to these two on their couch.:thumb:

I agree, but I would prefer teacher in that situation...LOl!!
Lillian Muller Playboy Photos (Gallery)

lillian-muller-playboy-4.jpg

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I doubt there are many amongst us, and I include the Corksniffers, who wouldn't want to snuggle up to these two on their couch.:thumb:

I'd take the money.
And I have only met a couple of women who have any interest in guitars - they play. The rest couldn't give a rats' ass.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I can't believe my good fortune. Through sources I can't name i have been one of a select few to possibly obtain the legendary 'Partridge SG' used by teen idol, rock legend, seller of over 10 million albums, and TV star David Cassidy. The infamous 'Happy G', named after his first number one hit is up for sale.

"Ten albums by The Partridge Family and five solo albums were produced during the show with most selling more than a million copies each. Internationally, Cassidy's solo career eclipsed the already phenomenal success of The Partridge Family. He became an instant drawcard with spectacular sellout concert successes in major arenas around the world. These concerts produced mass hysteria resulting in the media coining the term "Cassidymania". By way of example, he played to two sellout crowds of 56,000 each at the Houston Astrodome in Texas over one weekend in 1972.[6] His concert in New York's Madison Square Garden sold out in one day and resulted in riots after the show.[7] His concert tours of the UK sold out and included six sellout concerts at Wembley Stadium over one weekend in 1973. In Australia in 1974, the mass hysteria was such that there were calls to have him deported from the country, especially after the madness at his 33,000 audience concert at Melbourne"

Discography where this legendary Happy G can be heard:

David Cassidy discography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rare photo of the Happy G! .... as you can see David is quite Happy playing the sonic wonder.

130321140746-teen-idols-david-cassidy-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Typical crowd reaction when David came on stage swinging his big Happy G..... need to call for buckets and mops. Birmingham England, 1973 World Tour

Web2012November8d.jpg

More details to come on the possible acquisition of this piece of history.

mdubya

Reaction score
Waldstein; single handedly making The Babys famous (after all these years, at least on MLP) and redefining the term "rock star."

Rock on, Les Paw. :dude:

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Canadian Justin Bieber, considered one of the biggest pop stars in the world, will be at the 2011 Grammy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 13, where he’s not only up for two awards, but will also be performing on the show. Music reporter Rudy Blair, who will also be at the Grammys, took a trip to Bieber’s hometown of Stratford, Ont., to find what the locals think of their hometown pop star. Blair spoke with Long & McQuade music store manager Steve McMurry. Bieber used to buy his instruments at this store. (Photo by: Rudy Blair)"

The coveted signed and authenticated 'Bieber Burst'.... his faithful tobacco burst lefty Les Paul.
80cf090245eebe44c0c27094f284-500x666.jpeg

Steve McMurry, manager of Long & McQuade music store in Stratford, Ont. McMurry is holding the left-handed guitar that Justin Bieber used to play.

Grammy profile: Stratford’s Justin Bieber (Part 3 of 4) | 680News

Les Paw

Reaction score
Canadian Justin Bieber, considered one of the biggest pop stars in the world, will be at the 2011 Grammy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 13, where he’s not only up for two awards, but will also be performing on the show. Music reporter Rudy Blair, who will also be at the Grammys, took a trip to Bieber’s hometown of Stratford, Ont., to find what the locals think of their hometown pop star. Blair spoke with Long & McQuade music store manager Steve McMurry. Bieber used to buy his instruments at this store. (Photo by: Rudy Blair)"

The coveted signed and authenticated 'Bieber Burst'.... his faithful tobacco burst lefty Les Paul.
80cf090245eebe44c0c27094f284-500x666.jpeg

Steve McMurry, manager of Long & McQuade music store in Stratford, Ont. McMurry is holding the left-handed guitar that Justin Bieber used to play.

Grammy profile: Stratford’s Justin Bieber (Part 3 of 4) | 680News

1) purchase guitar 2)take to back yard 3) Chainsaw guitar 4)put video on youtube

Les Paw

Reaction score
Waldstein; single handedly making The Babys famous (after all these years, at least on MLP) and redefining the term "rock star."

Rock on, Les Paw. :dude:

I dont recall exact charting, but I believe they had two songs in top 20 Billboard in the US.. John Wait went onto a huge solo career. Wally and Tony both played with Rod stewart for many years.. Corby is a real liiving legend and one of the most intersting, well read, piano virtuoso, compser and guitar players alive today....He is VERY smart..... it took two guys to replace Mike and one went on to play keyboards for Journey... I could go on... I think even Joe B. invited him backstage at a concert a few years back... No they did not need Waldstein to make them famous....

Here is a picture of them over time Square in 1978... How many bands have had this done???

I believe in Japan they would sell out the entire venue... HUGE ones at that.. I have had offers from Japan on my dear Waldstein because of Michaels ownership...

123123Babystimesquare.jpg

rockstar232007

Reaction score
All pissiness aside. I'm definitely curious to hear how it sounds.

Any chance for some sound clips LP?

lǎo​wài

It's All About the Maos
Reaction score
What a long strange trip this thread has been. :hmm:

Les Paw

Reaction score
All pissiness aside. I'm definitely curious to hear how it sounds.

Any chance for some sound clips LP?

There were a few clips I had on youtube a few years ago. I think one was even embedded here at one point. there are a few members that pm'd me and I sent those to them... I will have to locate them. I have been playing guitar since mid 1960's but I'm not a schred king or anything like that. I play Bowie, stones, who, LZ, Niel Young, Clapton. You get the point. So my playing alone will not appeal to the masses.... Time is hard to come by to devote to this stuff when you are part of a family buisness and raising a family alone. We got crushed yesterday for the games. A world famous chef came to our place and brought a huge group. In addition to many other people we were really busy. My point being that time. Time is hard to come by as of late. What I am going to try to do is get a virtuoso to play and I will record that. WHat I would really like to do is have Malikon play W and record that! Awesome playing instrument.( I put all the hardware on myself. Soldered, etc... And I'm not a luthier either, so it has not even had a proper set up. or fret dressing etc...Plays and sounds fantastic)
Can't say that I can do it today or tomorrow, but I always wanted to do that. Then again, I am going to try and find some Rod Stewart concert clips where I might find him in Gary Graingers hands being played in concert. I know there is a lot on the net... Just takes time....

mdubya

Reaction score
Does Waldstein have a sense of humor?

Les Paw

Reaction score
Does Waldstein have a sense of humor?

Obviously he does because he allows me to play him and he sought me out... Why , I have no idea... I would say that the guitar is like a Stallion that is mature and the best one in the stable. Seen battle and knows whats up. He would kick the immature rider off, but when the firm, well seasoned Warrior gets on the horse...its Katie bar the doors. All joking asside, this guitar is a beast!
I just got him out and played. H-- Effing shit. Beast I tell you. It is almost scary. Like the horse that takes you at a gallop and knows the path better than you. Almost cannot hit an errant note. As God as my witness....
Yeah, I believe the spirit and Mojo of the prior owners that played a guitar transfer to the next player... Kind of nutty, I know... But you would be shocked to know that there are some pro players out there that believe the same. You just never heard them talk about it...:cool::bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Any pics of the back of the guitar?

Lolz.

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What the hell is going on in here?

Is there some sort of point, or track to follow? Some organized thought perhaps?

This thread is all over the place.

Les Paw

Reaction score
Any pics of the back of the guitar?

Lolz.

LOL...Yes plenty....You play the front I believe.... Not much to Troll here..

C'mon you have seen them. I believe in the past threads your comments were there... Don't remember, but, as I drive, even if some impatient driver is beeping behind me, I realize what is behind me does not matter... Only that which is in front does...

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ooooooooook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads