Waldstein, the Enigma from out of this solar system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les Paw

Reaction score
I know its been a while, and he is such a great instrument. I thought I would share a few pics again. There are many here that are not aware of this great, historic instrurment. He has been enjoying his privacy. I have not played the guitar for a while ( have started in the last month or so again) since my wife had passed away late 2012. Much too young...But we must deal with the hand God has given us.... I am also posting a link to a thread that was closed ... I think there were others.. The thread was moved around, but I had kept a link. Enjoy the few pics. Whatever you feel about the guitar. I think it is one of the best, if not the best looking burst out there with a TRUE rock n roll history and legacy. He has seen the inside of more Stadia then many people here. He has toured the world.... With some pretty famous players..... One co-wrote hotlegs, owned him for quite some time. Another sold Jimmy Page one of his favorite guitars, and jammed with LZ while they were filming outakes to Song remains the same and he founded the Babys. He owned him for about 17 years......if my memory serves me right...
Anyway, enjoy...Oh it is Friday and there is a full moon out too... Lets see where this goes..

Oh. I almost forgot... Plays like no other I have played... Almost plays himself... Sounds like Angels singing...

IMG_1951.12111.jpg

IMG_1962.1212.jpg

IMG_1955_1.jpg

IMG_1961.111.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/127851-waldstein-14-a.html

Les Paw

Reaction score
IMG_1066.jpg

All pics are taken in sunlight. No flash and no funny work/ photoshop...

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Someone's been drinking...

Les Paw

Reaction score
AAAAAWALDSTEIN.jpg

!B1TZJKgB2k~$(KGrHqF,!iEE)qtYBKCeBMd9ZtN,Hw~~_3.jpg

DVC05334.jpg

When Granger and then Corby owned... Mike got him in 1987. Granger owned him before that

garweft

Reaction score
I thought your title said...

Waldstein, the Enema from out of this solar system...

:laugh2:

Les Paw

Reaction score
!B1TZEDwBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!h4E)ql(1bFZBMd9ZbC6CQ~~_3.jpg

DVC05349.jpg

Attachments

• Waldsteinas Excaliber11.JPG
    Waldsteinas Excaliber11.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 60

Les Paw

Reaction score
I was sent this sometime in the past. I was told it is Waldstein back in 1974...

You be the judge

WaldsteinTheguitarof the gods.jpg

What is bizarre to me is that I looked pretty close to this in the early 70's...

Les Paw

Reaction score
How old was it in those photos? 7 years old?

Don't know. You would have to ask Granger or Corby. Mike told me that he aquired the guitar in 1987. Grangy owned him before that.:)

Les Paw

Reaction score

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Let me see if I have been following this correctly..... let's make some large assumptions, It is a Gibson, it is a '59 (which are huge assumptions with no proof)....So you bought the shell of the guitar, no electronics, put in your own and claim it's the same as having a vintage burst?

Is that what this all boils down to?

You claim you would never sell it, except back to Michael, but within the time span of the thread you linked, you put it up on eBay?

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Waldenstein, a fake amongst fakes.

Les Paw

Reaction score
... Someone has been drinking ..Well, that fake saw the insides of more venues than you will ever see in your life... Fake enough for me... Haters must hate...Gary toured with that fake. I saw him with Rod a few times in the 70's then in the early 80's with two Xmembers of the Babys. I always had my 35mm with me. I have never taken the time to see if Waldstein was on stage with Granger. I need to go through the pics... What ever he is. He toured with rock stars, was owned by them and cherished by them. Doesnt sound like you play the guitar much.. According to Gary and Mike. He was at those concerts and toured extensively. Has enough battle scars and wear that shows tell tail signs of battle......

As far as it being a 59. I could care less. More storied history than 99% out there I can assure you that too.. He is without question from Gibson. They verified that... . As far as bursts go. He outshines most. Don't have to be a 59 to be a burst. It plays and sounds fabulous. HE did have all 59 hardware on when he was sold to Phil. and a Cali girl case. All was stripped and sold off i can only assume. I put him on Ebay for fun reasons...Times change too. At this point I would not even sell him back to Michael.... Then again.. Who knows.. I would lend him to Joe B though..You can see he is not some sort of Micky Mouse item ...as you can plainly see.. Isn't this a fabulous looking guitar? You should hear the Angelic tones that he emits... Utter beauty..

Les Paw

Reaction score
I was sent this sometime in the past. I was told it is Waldstein back in 1974...

You be the judge

View attachment 106348

What is bizarre to me is that I looked pretty close to this in the early 70's...

I looked at this picture extensivley. Corby says he does not think it is Waldstein, yet he did not care to dicuss anything about Cosmo owning the guitar. He knows Cosmo well...I did a lot of comparing. I believe it IS Waldstein. Some code embedded in the original picture properties emailed to me, also verified that the person who had the picture, whomever that is, believed this to be Waldstein as well...That would put him in GB around 1974. According to this pic. I would like to contact Grainger sometime to see if he can add any info.. Any even novice collector or player, that could have had this in their possession could clearly see the guitar is VERY. VERY old...

Les Paw

Reaction score

"Les Paw, what was your previous screen name ?"

LOL. I have always been Les Paw and I have only had and only HAVE one screen name. I never lie and I have no need to hide anything...:) Nice color there... I get it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads