Waist-High Adjustable Pedal Board

rednefceleb

Reaction score
I am accumulating enough pedals for a Pedal Board. I want to know if anyone out there has built a waist-high board that allows quick hand adjustment without having to bend down to reach the pedals. Pedal boards that lay on the floor are impractical. To make a key adjustment, you've got just a few moments to adjust and get back to playing your guitar on the beat. I know that it's a simple idea. I'm looking for pics / ideas on how to make a board like this. Carpentry is not my best skill. Thanks! :) :) :)

WhiteEpiLP

Reaction score
Pedalboards are on the floor so you can operate the on/off with your feet allowing you to still play while you select.
Putting the board at waist height mean you now have to operate the pedals with you hands, not ideal for most players.
But if you really want to try why not get a folding table, like a sturdy TV dinner table and put it on that.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Pedalboards are on the floor so you can operate the on/off with your feet allowing you to still play while you select.
Putting the board at waist height mean you now have to operate the pedals with you hands, not ideal for most players.
But if you really want to try why not get a folding table, like a sturdy TV dinner table and put it on that.
Yeah, or one of those stand-up desks that are popular now.

Neffco

Reaction score
This is my pedal board. I mounted the 4 track looper on a pedestal so I can operate it on the fly. It has a foot pedal as well. Not sure how you would wrangle other pedals by hand without another guitar player holding it down for you. I fabricated mine out of aluminum. If it’s something you’re interested in send me a pm.
6C79F1B8-0897-4B04-9E0D-BA2CF4FBE07C.jpeg

Mockbel

Reaction score
I believe what OP says is against the idea of a "Pedalboard".. it has to be on the floor for easy switching by foot.. The OP ask is logic too but you will have to compromise something !

A pedal on the floor is easy to switch on and off but difficult to tweek, a pedal at waist height is easier to tweek but difficult to switch on and off.. so you need to have both and hang pedals that you always leave ON but needs tweeking at waist height while leaving the pedals that have somehow fixed settings but you need to switch on and off during playing on the floor..

May be rack effects with foot controller can get you there :hmm:

Mookakian

Reaction score
Midi controller and expression pedal on the floor and pedals at waist height... Nice idea!

I might incorprate that into my rig, cheers!

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. I avoid pedals that need to bet tweeked on-the-fly or otherwise have multiple functions for that very reason. I set my pedals' controls to where I need them and then leave them alone when it comes to performing.

I can understand where the OP is coming from if he plays just at home, having them waist hight would be very convenient for making adjustments. But, for me and I'm gonna guess also the vast majority of players in bands, such a setup would be totally impractical.

Burst Boy

Reaction score
I'm an at home player and generally have my pedals on a desk so I can do on-the-fly adjustments and switching on and off. The only pedals I leave on the ground are treadle ones. I'm an experimenter so it suits me fine. Pain in the butt to bend over every time to do an adjustment if they are all on the floor.

Like anything, after doing it for a while it becomes second nature to turn 'em on and off when needed without affecting the flow of the music. Unconventional yes, but I'm comfortable with it and it makes sense to my weird brain.

matthew bear

Reaction score
I'd get a tv tray and try it out!

I like the idea of a pedal switcher on the floor with some of the delays and fun stuff on a table to twist knobs and space out with :cool:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
If you are handy with a soldering iron the footswiches could be moved to the floor, while leaving the effects up high. A little imagination, some cabling and the right type of floor console and you'd have both.

I've got a couple of mental prototypes in my head. Could be nice and clean looking. Too bad I do not use effects. I used to have 4 or 5.

rednefceleb

Reaction score
If you are handy with a soldering iron the footswiches could be moved to the floor, while leaving the effects up high. A little imagination, some cabling and the right type of floor console and you'd have both.

I've got a couple of mental prototypes in my head. Could be nice and clean looking. Too bad I do not use effects. I used to have 4 or 5.

Hey Norlin man. <Incidentally, the best L.P. that I had was a Custom 1973 Norlin Tobacco S'Brst.>. The pups were 498R& 498T and are a great sounding pair of pickups. quality builds and sound fine. I had silverface Deluxe Reverbs that were great sounding.....just like their 60's predecessors. I do like the Blackface look. But I cannot stand boutique amps that have 'red alligator' or green or white . Tweed is always cool, Black is great as well, but don't try and sell me a bright red Avatar extension cab. (About the Remote Pedal Controller). I don't use pedals very often. I use a Peavey Classic 30 watt 1x12' tweed combo amp. The clean channel is a fine sounding witheasy knob operation. The knobs work very well. Treble/middle/bass/reverb/ etc. all work very well. Any one of the tone knobs graduate tone from vol. 1 to 12. I like a lot of H. Peavey's equipment. On channel two: I turn the 'Pre' to 12<all the way up> and then just bump the 'Post' volume just enough to be heard. I don't need to use pedals either. That distortion setting on CH. two, that distortion setting puts out a better distortion/overdrive than any pedal can match. It's that pure tube gain setting that can't be denied. Just like hand wired VS. PC board connections. There are lots of 'wives tales' that state that hand wired is 'better sounding' than PCBoard construction. This is not true. Hand soldered and wired don't sound better. Hand built amps are not as reliable as PC built. Sound City/HiWatt amp builder (forgot his name) was just experimenting using PC Board construct. Oh Yeah...'Reeves'. I believe he got electrocuted.

I'd get a tv tray and try it out!

I like the idea of a pedal switcher on the floor with some of the delays and fun stuff on a table to twist knobs and space out with :cool:
EXACTLY: This it what I play through now<above>. It's the best amp for the $ for my needs. I almost got a Vox Night Train,since it has great features. I also play through a second amp for presence and ear level. That second amp is a Bugera 5 watt class A w/ Celestion 8". It's a screamer. It sure is a lot of fun. :) :) :):photos:

rednefceleb

Reaction score
I thought about that, too, but since I play sitting down, I built a low pedal shelf.

Hey Norlin man. <Incidentally, the best L.P. that I had was a Custom 1973 Norlin Tobacco S'Brst.>. The pups were 498R& 498T and are a great sounding pair of pickups. quality builds and sound fine. I had silverface Deluxe Reverbs that were great sounding.....just like their 60's predecessors. I do like the Blackface look. But I cannot stand boutique amps that have 'red alligator' or green or white . Tweed is always cool, Black is great as well, but don't try and sell me a bright red Avatar extension cab. (About the Remote Pedal Controller). I don't use pedals very often. I use a Peavey Classic 30 watt 1x12' tweed combo amp. The clean channel is a fine sounding witheasy knob operation. The knobs work very well. Treble/middle/bass/reverb/ etc. all work very well. Any one of the tone knobs graduate tone from vol. 1 to 12. I like a lot of H. Peavey's equipment. On channel two: I turn the 'Pre' to 12<all the way up> and then just bump the 'Post' volume just enough to be heard. I don't need to use pedals either. That distortion setting on CH. two, that distortion setting puts out a better distortion/overdrive than any pedal can match. It's that pure tube gain setting that can't be denied. Just like hand wired VS. PC board connections. There are lots of 'wives tales' that state that hand wired is 'better sounding' than PCBoard construction. This is not true. Hand soldered and wired don't sound better. Hand built amps are not as reliable as PC built. Sound City/HiWatt amp builder (forgot his name) was just experimenting using PC Board construct. Oh Yeah...'Reeves'. I believe he got electrocuted.

EXACTLY: This it what I play through now<above>. It's the best amp for the $ for my needs. I almost got a Vox Night Train,since it has great features. I also play through a second amp for presence and ear level. That second amp is a Bugera 5 watt class A w/ Celestion 8". It's a screamer. It sure is a lot of fun. :) :) :):photos:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Hey Norlin man. <Incidentally, the best L.P. that I had was a Custom 1973 Norlin Tobacco S'Brst.>. The pups were 498R& 498T and are a great sounding pair of pickups. quality builds and sound fine. I had silverface Deluxe Reverbs that were great sounding.....just like their 60's predecessors. I do like the Blackface look. But I cannot stand boutique amps that have 'red alligator' or green or white .
Cream is way cool!

rednefceleb

Reaction score
Cream is way cool! Hey Norlin BB. Yeah, you hit that one on the head. Cream is super cool. Back in the day The Beachboys used Cream Dual Showmans with the Fender Stand Alone Reverb units. I had a reissue of the reverb unit. That's good 'verb. Beautiful Mesa by the way. I got a 100 watt Mk. 1 Reissue. That was the loudest 100 watts that I had ever heard. In San Francisco at the birth of Mesa/Boogie, The pioneer builder/creator of Boogie customized a Fender combo amp with huge transformer, added a preamp, generally built a Fender combo on steroids. Carlos Santana came in and tried it out. The amp screamed and Santana said "Man, that amp really Boogies!". One of my trivia chapters from the 60's.

Cream is way cool!