Waffle House WTF

Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles loves you. Mwah! ♥
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
WH grub is good eats. They ain't all fancy shmancy like an Olive Garden, but they do ok.
Are they like the Denny's of the south? When we went to the Carolinas WH was everywhere, but we never stopped in. Here in the northern parts Denny's is... well, mostly still around, but they've been going the way of the old Howard Johnson's.

Sounds like Chick Filet's getting more popular. When we went south we saw a chicken shack actually called "Cluck U". Seriously?? Bwaha!!

Last edited:

LP121

Reaction score
Are they like the Denny's of the south? When we went to the Carolinas WH was everywhere, but we never stopped in. Here in the northern parts Denny's is... well, mostly still around, but they've been going the way of the old Howard Johnson's.

They ain't as fancy as a Dennys neither. Not the ones I been in anyways.

scrumm21

Reaction score
Down here, sausage/bacon/steak/chicken/porkchop biscuits at gas stations are unreal. McD, H, etc just wish theirs were that good...

Marathon gas station 2 mins from me just rebuilt from ground up and of course built a 1st Rate kitchen ( quite a few have done that around town) I limit myself to going two mornings a week otherwise I'd become Mr. Creosote....

scrumm21

Reaction score
Waffle House - Location makes a Diff. WH literally 90 seconds from me is decent but gone downhill the last 10 years..... BUT...the WH 10 minutes away from me is still the nicest I've ever been to ! ( over 5 state area ) Built on high traffic road but in a Very nice area and is Always packed. Owner runs a taut ship...noticeable difference.

Most Fun WH was in Marietta Ga..... Hung over sick after nite of strip clubs and 6 hrs ride home ahead. Cook was quite a showman\entertainer. ( puked in back of parking lot before going in.... ate.... p'kd twice more on side of I-75 on way home)

( had attended yearly N.A.C.E. convention - '88 or '89 ...only 1 I attended)

pnuggett

Reaction score
1636651069720.png

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny.

Not to sound snobby, but I wouldn't set foot in either one of those places. :facepalm:

Love WH but OG is a damn joke....

Son is an exec chef and ran an Italian kitchen at one time... Made the cheeses and made fresh pasta daily....

The owner (dumbass money guy that had only done chicken fingers and shit and thought himself a chef) told my son one day that his pasta wasn't super fall apart tender like OG...and why don't he add all the OG dishes to the menu instead of the custom menu son did... It is a major miracle that boy did not punch his boss out... His boss then, was ITALIAN...really ITALIAN....and thought OG was the greatest ITALIAN food on the planet.

Son asked him first, 'have you ever HAD fresh handmade pasta? Do you know what 'al dente' even fucking means? You you actually want to have a freezer bag and microwave kitchen. Our clientele, in case you haven't noticed, want fine authentic Italian dishes, not OG bullshit. They want FRESH food. They want to dress nice, and have a nice evening with good wine and good food..... AND... They do not give a shit what it costs for top quality dining. They do not eat at OG...." Boss left son alone for a good while.... Later, boss bitched about the place not being full. Son explained it doesn't matter, it is steady all night, kitchen can make magic on each order, and folks are happy.... Boss said he was gonna run 2-fer specials... Son wanted to strangle him... Place where son is now (much better environment) reached out to son and gave him an offer he could not refuse so he moved....

My wife likes soup and salad at OG, I really don't care if I eat there or a hot dog place.... OG is nothing special and damn sure not Italian food... OG is about as Italian as much as Western Sizzlin was a real steak house...

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wonder what shit holes those WH stores were located in.... We don't have that down here as a rule...
Big cities suck.... Expect the unexpected....

Animals are gonna animal.... Shit hole WH, backwoods beer joint parking lot, etc... No difference... Animals...

Kinda love ATL area, Sara, and some other cities, but I am aware....and prepared for the unexpected....

Latest Threads