votes for the best od pedal

jon1

Reaction score
I would say a Boss Blued Driver BD-2 is my personal favorite. I dont use them much, though. I usually just go straight into the amp.

tom1965

Reaction score
I have the ibanez tube king and tube screamer which are both excellentbut I favour the mark 1 Marshall guvnor.

SlyStrat

Reaction score
My Dirty Little Secret really sounds like my Metro Plexi cranked.

Jackson50

Reaction score
IMO the best ODs are the NOC3 Pure Drive and Subdecay's Liquid Sunshine, and no, I do not own them (tried them personally though).

hedas46

Reaction score
:lol:Ibanez Tubescreamer TS 808 and I've got one.:naughty:

zoork_1

Reaction score
After owning mine for several years, the Nobels is still my hands-down favorite OD pedal. Mine is one of the original models, not sure if there's any newer versions.

I think there's at least two ver. mine is gen 1
I believe they changed some part(s) after that

/z

blakem

Reaction score
Tone Bone Plexi.... just fantastic!
TONEBONE+PLEXITUBE.JPG

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Out of the 15 or 20 I own, my vintage Marshall Bluesbreaker or BBE Green Screamer are my favorites.

i got a bluesbreaker a few months ago, and my shredders did almost all of the same sounds. so i sold it.

they do ALMOST all the same sounds, i now know. there's something really subtle about the bb-1 that i miss... stupid me!

04renostar

Reaction score
my favorite one is the MXR GT-OD... but then again, its the one OD pedal I have right now.

Syn

Reaction score
my favorite one is the MXR GT-OD... but then again, its the one OD pedal I have right now.

Also if you open it up, don't know if you know this or not, there's a little switch on the circuit board you can use to change it to and from the Wylde Overdrive voicing. I have the Wylde, and after finding that out wish I'd bought the GT as it's essentially two OD's in one pedal!:wow:
If you find you like it and are handy with a soldering iron you could de-solder the switch and mount it on the outside of the pedal.

My vote is for the MXR ZW-44 Wylde OD as overall for me it's the most all-round pedal I've played!

slowpokerhino

Reaction score
I've had so many. My favorite being the Fulltone Fulldrive 2. Depends a lot on what your after. The Cochrane Timmy was very good. Keeley Tube Screamers (once modded they are all the same on the inside BTW) are very good. I think the Hardwire Tube Overdrive is very good, especially for the price.

Toris93

Reaction score
ive tried both the tubescreamers, the holy fire, and other botique ( did i spell that right? LOL ) pedals...but ive come to the same conclusion as PHIL X!!!!! the digitech bad monkey! ( its the cheapest one too xD )

moodyedge

Reaction score
the only one ive every liked was the maxon od808, i only bought it to run infront of a mesa boogie duel rec head and cab i bought.....now im selling the amp i think i will keep the pedal....i always hated pedals and thought they all sounded turd until i got one of these and its usefull as a clean boost for solos and a bit more cut.......i now try to incorporate it more into what i play to vary tones etc which has become useful.

im turing into a bit of a pedal whore i think...

eddie_bowers

Reaction score
Honestly, I never found one that sounded the way I wanted it to, so I came up with my own. And now it IS my favorite. It doesn't do Metal, but it covers the heavy blues and Classic Rock territory perfectly.

dcooper830

Reaction score
The ones I own of course! :D

Which are these and an MXR ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive:

DSC04554.jpg

I admit though.... I haven't tried any others. But I do like the Tubescreamers better than the Zakk Wylde Overdrive cause they're warmer sounding.

V!N

Reaction score
T-Rex Møller ! No competition. It's by far the most
ultimate evolution of the Tube Screamer circuit.

If the Møller is a modern man, then the TS 808 and all
the clones still haven't even crawled onto land yet. :)

Read my review here.

Latest Threads