Vote here! Digital or analog delay..

Digital or analog delay pedal? Vote here!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Carbon Copy sounds good, but is very limited.

I've got a Memory Man Deluxe in the closet I keep meaning to spend some time with. It has been in there over a year now. Where does the time go?

StandingWave

Reaction score
The Wampler Faux Tape Echo with tap tempo is looking pretty good to me. Analog-voiced digital seems to be a good way to go.

gtr-tek

Fumble Fingers
Reaction score
I like a digital as they tend to be more accurate and flexible. The trailing delays can be a bit sterile but my modded DD-5 has a switch to fix that. Monte Allums has a nice kit for this.

I'd love to get my hands on an El Capistan though... Need more $$... :hmm:

Tobacco Worm

Reaction score
Most of us know I don't do digital. Hummmm..I wonder how I voted?:hmm:

I'd tell you, but then you'ld know the secret too..:cool:

Syn

Reaction score
I have a Carbon Copy and a Flashback on my board. Both for different things, but I couldn't imagine giving one of them up.

StandingWave

Reaction score
Would you be willing to share your impressions of this one? I'm kind of curious about it but have heard very little from actual owners.
A number of folks are sending their units back to Dunlop for rework due to a volume drop issue. It seems that the 'fix' may be introducing other problems. There's quite a long thread over at TGP about this.

ledzepp2122

Reaction score
Would you be willing to share your impressions of this one? I'm kind of curious about it but have heard very little from actual owners.
I own the Swollen Pickle, the Fat Sandwich, the Green Rhino, and the Pork Loin. When it comes to pedals, if Jorge Tripps designed it, I want it. With that in mind...

This pedal = MIND: BLOWN! Like all Way Huge products, the build quality is crazy good. Everything feels solid and built to withstand the rigors of regular gigging or a lifetime of getting stepped on. The "Gain" knob is VERY sensitive. Just a little dab'll do ya. Unless you WANT a crazy, out-of-control-noise-feedback-freakout, then go for it. The modulation is awesome. I was able to add just enough to get a very convincing U2 "Bad" / "Unforgettable Fire" sound. Again, lots of range on these knobs, go slow. Really rich sweet sounding analog delay with all the features that used to be afforded to just the digital. Well done Way Huge!

Funky54

Reaction score
I vote analog! I just don't need digital, if I want that sound I can always take a 1980's AM clock radio, stick it in a trunk of a car and listen to it. No need for a pedal to make that sound.

blueflamingo

Reaction score
play a bunch with your set up and go from there.

me i'm more than happy with my two delays and they are both analog. carbon copy and deep blue delay.

Hamtone

Reaction score
I vote analog! I just don't need digital, if I want that sound I can always take a 1980's AM clock radio, stick it in a trunk of a car and listen to it. No need for a pedal to make that sound.
Sounds like youre describing the mxr low res from the 70s. Digitial (quality) sounds nearpy exactpy like the original signal. I loved my time factor, it was excellent. For me the tf (which is 2 delays) and the new catilan echo on a board handles Everything.

Kezman

Reaction score
DD-3 does the trick for me, only a touch of delay when needed :thumb:

jd2112

Reaction score
I currently have a DD7.Dont have any complaints.Eventually want to also have an analog delay on my board.

politenessman

Reaction score
digital does a lot more stuff. a keeley modded dd3, dd6 or a dd7 are good.. so is the tc flashback. i dont use a lot of delay so i have a maxon analog ad9 pro, which sounds incredible, but is limited in what it does and is also very expensive for what it does. this is the one pedal i would never swap out.

bosnialove

Reaction score
I've compared the DD7 to the DD3 and I'm gonna buy the DD3. SOunds much more natural.

Sky

Reaction score
Nothing beats a DL-4 in my opinion.

The DD-3 and DD-7 are both excellent choices, too.
The DL-4 is cool and has a lot of sounds but I haven't even taken it on a tour and it's already having issues with the foot switches.

Latest Threads