VooDoo Labs 4 channel switcher

rogue3

Reaction score
Since it's probably a small group,just a generalization. Any problems with channel(not) kicking in?

I have this problem.Share your experience,if any.Seems like a gating thing,'cause i can usually get it to work with a couple of kicks,lol.,or,change in the pedal arrangement,as i've done now.

i have 2 side by side overdrives in both channels( 1 and 2 ),and its working great this instant.Mega overdrive with both pedals on.Eddie territory.Punch out line.Fine.Punch in or out individual pedals in each line, when the line is active...definately a no go.Line 3 has phase and chorus.fine.Line 4 has analogue delay.fine.
...but could it just be a spray of the pots? i've never taken one of these puppy's apart,but i'm capable.just fishing here for you guys that have used them.
Issues?this is the only one i've had so far for 4 years.

Last edited:

rogue3

Reaction score
thx,Yeah.could be.but something else is going on.I rearranged the pedals yesterday into a config that works, the switches are now working as they should, till i punch in or out one of the overdrives in series,2 in each channel,but they both have to be on for the line switch to work as it should.
Line 1- two menatone pedals, and Line 2, two tubescreamers.Independently,out of circuit,all boxes work as they should.Line 3 has phase and chorus.fine.Line 4 has analogue delay.fine.

If i didn't know better,i say the input sensitivity (or output)of the channels is somehow at fault here.I will send an e-mail VL. and see what they say.with a good word description,they should be able to diagnose. Tonally,VL switcher is top shelf,super happy it does not screw with tone,in fact,it enhances tone with nice buffer.perfect to me,anyway.

But right now,it works so well the tone has me doing backflips,right back smack in the middle of high gain territory.Haven't been there in a while so,i'm not going to disturb.One more thing here,have to vet the attenuator(Ho Box),by taking it out of line.It has a noise gate,and maybe...maybe,this is somehow conflicting.Will know today after experimenting.