"Vol Knob...Vol Knob....Vol Knob" =SFK

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Believe it or not after 40 years of playing- I keep forgetting the basics. After struggling to get less feedbacky sounds- I LOVE feedback, but, like , ALL great things, must be used sparingly--------

"Why does my Sabbra pedal make so much noise?"

"Because you are messing with the CHAIN..........why do that?"

"Well SNOWMAN FEZZ............????????
"Now...THE GREAT @SFK gave you advice in a PM.........what did he say?
" I can't divulge that. Pms are sacred."

Alright....if I "scrub it-SFK won't mind

"!233---__---__--_--__a-----__---__-_7&7&7&77&---use------_*88*888--vol---888**88**8*8**8*8

11!11!!1222@#3fgghhhHhhHHhHhhHhhH99999999---------knob------------IiiIIiIiIyyyYyt6^^6%5^^&^^&&7&7&&&77&7&&7

dynamics.>..>.>..>.>.>..>.>.>>....>.>>.>.

Right.....

No safe SEX-----go in bare-----use vol knob--------no more NOISE.........just cream.....

cjpeck

Reaction score
facts don't make a story better. taking the reader through the journey makes a story better.

ed. to add:

I don't read Fezzposts as factual, but rather as true to the germ of the experience related

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
facts don't make a story better. taking the reader through the journey makes a story better.

ed. to add:

I don't read Fezzposts as factual, but rather as true to the germ of the experience related
c, I believe in "shaking" my words like I do chords. Hit a cowboy G---yyyyaaawwwnn---now , grip ,shake, quaver that chord.-it LIVES! I enjoy jimmies on my cone---enough bland+boring DUNK DUFFS in this world----

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I love the Bourns low frictions . set the amp . then volume full open to HURT

dial it back down to 5 __ so I can turn the pain up at any point with just the light touch of a pinky . anybody that wants to hear me play . gets what they deserve

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I will be playing V mainly, has one vol knob. I may "back off" neck tone to 7-to give a "slight woman" tones , thus, when I switch from bridge to neck you will want to believe there is a volume drop. DeVille has three channels- I may use More Drive for my leads+bridge tones, then go to drive for neck sounds.

Les Paul with two volumes is the best set-up, BUT, I have played Les Pauls for decades- Strat got the use for last 5- Reverend V was a FEZZmas present from Mrs. FEZZ- this will shine in two guitar FEZZband.

All these ideas. I will still get...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....You are PUNK JUNK........

"No, you are morons, I learned from Jimmy------watch Since I've Been Loving You live= Dynamic!'

"Ah...Screw Zep.....I still think you are a CHUMP---WE WANT BLOOD WE WANT BLOOD....

"Go lay up with your PIG and shut.....

Sorry, I get riled when I work and work and STILL get the egg......

Where was I? Oh yeah, knobs...........buttons.........

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
"So....because uses all three positions he is a GOD?Malcolm had one position!

"I get that, I'm talking about MAXXing my guitar sound- what next? Should I bypass my tone knobs ala a no-load ?

This is why I hate talking tone-DEVILS in my head want to "muss it up."

" Just relax....I know- how about start smoking...put burn marks on=EVH----then...

defcrew

Reaction score

ed. to add:

What is a fact? That which is verifiable? A supposition agreed upon? Are facts made of hardened steel or rubber? Which is more desirable? I think it was Napoleon who said history was a set of lies agreed upon. What is the history of facts?

As to over drive, pedals, knobs, amps.....there is just nothing that takes the place of pure volume. The percussion, the violence delivered to the speaker paper and voice coil and the tubes and what not. It's not always feasible, unfortunately. I have a friend who is in a church band, of all things, but is a bonafide gear kweer like all we tone heathens. when they perform on Sundays his amp is in back room dimed and he's using in ear monitors. That probably helps out front but it still doesn't help with our desire to feel our pants legs flap in the sound wind.

I used to be such a purist--amp and chord and Twin Reverb and fuck the world. Prob sounded like ass out front but I, of course, just wanted to get my rocks off. Now I've got half my retirement tied up in tone gadgets and prob bore the hearing impaired audience I created with my meanderings. :laugh2:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Cooking up Iommi tones at work with

So- getting Rangemaster SG Laney tone from these? Ibanez hollwbodY?

This is work jamming where pedals do come into use-mentally ill dislike LOUD guitar- thus, low volume Iommi -NO PROBLEM......

It is not the tools---it's in the heart------ and yes, I was "working" the knobs. Neck pup got me close to Sab Bloody Sab.

Or buy this ONLY $189.

defcrew

Reaction score
Honestly, Tim, I think we are spitting in the wind. The Axe FX, Kemper, etc., stuff probably gets folks whatever they need. We stick with amps, guitars and pedals because we understand them, I think.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Honestly, Tim, I think we are spitting in the wind. The Axe FX, Kemper, etc., stuff probably gets folks whatever they need. We stick with amps, guitars and pedals because we understand them, I think.
d, so true-we are dinoasurs-glad there are some left to rap with.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
This guy makes sense..............
I agree with this guy 100%

there's no reason to be walking back and forth to the amp to dial in . if you have to do that __ then there's something wrong with the pickups or pots ( taper )

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I'm all digital right now but I am sorely tempted to bite the bullet and buy a Ceriatone Yeti (or something similar), and pump that into a reactive load box, into my interface, into an IR loader and out my monitors/cans.

I just want to play with pedals man, and the DYNAMICS.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A big part of the fun for me is getting the "sound" that I want/need for the song. It's fun because I don't fucking obsess over the last mile. I just get the sound and move on and play the damn song. Is it the volume knob? Tone knob? Chorus? Delay? Wah? OD? Phase? Boost? Some? All? Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh.... who gives a shit if it's perfect?

No one really cares, except any guitarists who may be in the audience who feel the need to be holier than thou. The rest of the people? They just dance and enjoy, then applaud.

Next song. New sound. Rinse. Repeat.

Don't overthink this shit.